EPILOGUE I

- 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 -

𝓑𝓮𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓪 𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓪𝓻𝔂 𝓢𝓲𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓡𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓷 𝓸𝓯 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓦𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓸𝓼

§§

𝓥𝓸𝓵𝓾𝓶𝓮 𝓞𝓷𝓮

𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓡𝓱𝓪𝓮𝓰𝓪𝓻 𝓘 (𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰)

𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓡𝓮𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓬𝔂 𝓸𝓯

𝓐𝓮𝓰𝓸𝓷 𝓥𝓘𝓘

𝓫𝔂 𝓐𝓻𝓬𝓱𝓶𝓪𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓓𝓪𝓮𝓻𝓸𝓷 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓻𝓮𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓛𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻

(𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓼𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓶𝓪𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓓𝓪𝓮𝓵𝓪 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓲𝓽𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓞𝓵𝓭𝓽𝓸𝔀𝓷, 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓵𝔂 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓮)

" It is here at such a point the last of the accounts do agree - that is, upon the consequential meeting of Prince Viserys and lady Sansa Stark of Winterfell - and it is here now the histories of Westeros paint a forgotten legend that was the grea...

" It is here at such a point the last of the accounts do agree - that is, upon the consequential meeting of Prince Viserys and lady Sansa Stark of Winterfell - and it is here now the histories of Westeros paint a forgotten legend that was the greatest yet most tumultuous reign in the Seven Kingdoms. However such a tale might be told or in whichever form you may hear it spoken to you, understand that the histories of the last Targaryen Kings were fraught with destitution and great calumny, therefore most tellings of the same story will differ - as tales of the past often do.

Take heed, then, you do not fall prey to wayward beliefs.

Even a dragon knows not of the scorching heat until it is burnt. "

~Daela Targaryen,
maester of Oldtown and former princess of Dragonstone,
327 AC.

- FIRST ACCOUNT -

THE HISTORY OF A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE:

In the two hundredth and ninety ninth year after conquest and in the sixth and twentieth year of the Silver Reign of King Rhaegar I and Queen Naerys the Dragon Queen, the Tourney at Starfall was held by the then Lord of House Dayne, Edric Dayne, in honour of the Queen's eighth and thirtieth nameday. The event was said to rival that of the great Tourney of Harrenhal, however that remains doubtful as the Keep of House Dayne could house no more than fifty hearths and of the number swarming to their gates for that momentous occasion, there certainly were not as many as there should have been.