𝐗𝐗𝐗

NEW BEGINNINGS; OLD ACQUAINTANCES

•|°

298 𝐀𝐂,
𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥

SANSA

All her life, she believed she was destined to marry a great, handsome man, have beautiful children and live a life worthy of a tale as legendary as Florian and Jonquil. For so long this had been nothing more than a dream of hers, but now...

But now...

Sansa tried to resist a blush as lord Robert and his family descended from their carriage, with them his good-brother, the Imp. Beside her, Arya gasped in poorly concealed excitement.

Her bright Tully eyes landed on the plump lord's two eldest sons. One stood tall and strong with wavy, goldspun hair and adventurous, youthful features. The other was taller with a broad chest, chiseled jaw and sparkling blue eyes that reminded her of the winter roses in spring.

Oh, how she wished Jeyne were there with her. It would be good to have someone who appreciates beauty as much as she did at her side.

Instead, she was stuck trying to thwart her little sister's annoying attempts at a prank. She seemed to have gotten wilder, almost as wild as the direwolf pups cousin Jon and her father brought home two days ago.

Then again, she was not surprised. It was Arya-she was the wildest, most unscrupulous girl she had the displeasure of sharing blood with.

The tallest of the Baratheon boys inadvertently locked eyes with her. When he did not look away immediately, a pink tint rose on her cheeks and a small smile graced her features. He began to smile, too.

Alas, the trance was broken when his dark-haired sister subtly elbowed his side. She wore a teasing smile on her face. Sansa frowned, casting her gaze to her blue slippers hidden beneath her gown.

Here was a boy she could see herself with. Two of them, in fact. Both of them were so handsome and so gallant, and that smile just now...

She was brought out of her thoughts when lord Robert grumbled under his breath. He looked up and nodded curtly. Curious at his strange action, she and her siblings turned around and found themselves staring into the dark blue, steely eyes of Queen Naerys.

A chill went down her spine. She was aware of her and Robert's history from her lessons:

The Dragon Queen who defeated him on the Trident.