Chapter One

"Don't you think it's time for you to talk to him?" my best friend, Yeji, nudged my shoulder softly

"Don't you think it's time for you to talk to him?" my best friend, Yeji, nudged my shoulder softly. I averted my gaze away from my crush as I quickly turned to my locker and take out my books.

"No. I'll just end up embarrassing myself" I told her quietly. She sighed, taking out her books from her locker as well.

"Four years, Y/N. You've liked Minho for four damn years!" she complained as she slammed her locker closed.

"Keep it down," I warned her, as I look at our surrounding. Thank God no one's listening.

"It's time, Y/N. How long will you continue to love him blindly? Confess your feelings to him, make a move" she whined as I close my locker and start to walk away. She followed me close behind.

"You know how he is towards the girls who confessed to him, I'm sure he would reject me as well" I told her bitterly. She quickly pulled me by my arms to stop my movements and made me face her.

"Listen. Even if he rejects you, you can take that as a ticket to move on. You can't waste your time waiting for him. You need to be loved too, Y/N" she told me, looking so desperate.

"In fact, you are beautiful just the way you are. He's a dummy if he rejects you," she added with a cheeky smile. I immediately let out a short laugh.

"No, I'll stay undercover. It's fine if he doesn't like me back, I can still like him" I told her with a small smile. She sighed loudly.

"Y/N," she whined. I looked at her, holding my chuckle.

"Move away" a hoarse voice butted in behind me. Once I realised that the person was talking to me, I quickly moved away. I felt my bones shaking.

"Chill out, Changbin" Yeji called him out with slight annoyance.

He rolled his eyes, giving Yeji the same energy as she gave him, before walking towards his group of friends.

"You're so brave" I commented.

"Only because he's my brother's friend" she chuckled, starting to shiver.

"That man is really something" she commented bluntly as I let out a chuckle. It was a short pause when she quickly catch my eyes.

"That's it!" she exclaimed excitedly. I only stared at her with a confused expression.

"I know what you can do to grab Minho's attention!" she chirped happily as she quickly pulled me to the side, where no one could try to listen to our conversation.

"What?" I questioned her.

"Maybe you can make him jealous to make him confess to you" she told me excitedly. I quickly stopped her from continuing her nonsense.

"Make him confess to me? He don't even like me, Yeji" I almost groaned out of frustration when I had to tell her the obvious.

"Well, you don't know. He could have a little bit of feelings for you" she told me with a small pout. I looked away from her, knowing damn well that she's never going to stop.

"Come on, Y/N. We can at least try!" she whined, pulling my arms to face her again. I sighed, turning to her.

"Fine, what's your plan? Please don't go crazy with this" I warned her, yet she smiled so brightly.

"Date his friend!" she chirped brightly. I looked at her in pure shock, almost choked on my own spit.

"If he keep seeing you around, I'm sure he would feel some connection towards you" she told me her brilliant idea as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"How am I going to be with him if I'm dating his friend?" I questioned. She opened her mouth to speak but close them shortly after.

"You're right" she agreed. I almost facepalmed myself.

"But it's still worth a try" she tried to defend her idea.

"I don't know, Yeji" I sighed.

"Well at least be friends with his friends, be around him more" Yeji said.

"How about this, just do it for a month and if you feel like it's not worth it, I promise I won't force you to make moves towards him anymore" Yeji tried to convince me. I just know she will never shut up about this.

But then, this could be the start of my romantic life.. It's now or never.

"Which friend?" I asked her instead, taking a quick glance at his group of friends which standing a few metres away from us. The moment those words left my lips, I can feel myself regretting it almost immediately.

"That's the spirit!!" she squeaked happily almost jump in excitement. I chuckled.

Well, at least I get to see her being happy.

"That friend" she quickly pointed towards a particular person. I was amazed that she already decided who. I tried to focus at the way she pointed and gasped loudly.

"Seo Changbin?" I accidentally raised my voice at her shocking choice. The whole hall quieted down for a split second as all eyes were fixed on me, including Changbin's.

"Why did you scream his name like that?" Yeji freaked out quickly pulling me slightly away from the crowd. It was only a matter of time before people went back to their business.

"And no, I was talking about Chan," she said, correcting me—well, almost scold me.

"Oh," I realised before quickly grabbing her arm to completely walk away from the space. I swear I can still feel his eyes on me.

"But you were pointing at Changbin" I complained as we walked to our classroom.

"I did not. I was clearly pointing at Chan" she defended herself, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

I sighed. The embarrassment stayed within me.

"But since you've got Changbin's attention now, you might as well be friends with him. We're classmates anyway" Yeji shrugged. My eyes almost fall out of its socket while hearing her statement.

"Nah, Chan is good. I will never talk to Changbin, he's too.. dark" I said, feeling myself shiver just thinking about Changbin and I being friends.

"It's up to you, you're the one who'll make friends anyway" she states as I hummed.

"Any of his friends is fine, as long as it lead to you dating your Minho" she smiled cheekily.

"Then can I get close to your brother instead? You can talk to him for me" I joked. Her once bright face immediately changed as she slapped the back of my head, hard. I groaned before rubbing the spot where she slapped me.

"My brother's off limit" she reminded me with a warning gaze. I laughed shortly.

"Yeah, I know" I replied before looking down at my hands that were placed on my table.

"Will this actually work?" I asked her with a tiny bit of hope, thinking of her plan.

"I hope it will" Yeji said, as she pat my shoulder with a reassuring smile plastered on her face.

{End of Chapter 1}
Hello everyone! Welcome to Love Bet's first chapter^^

I've been working on this book for quite some time now—longer than I expected. Tmi, I started writing on Jan '22 and finished it yesterday (Feb '23). I went on multiple hiatus and author blocks while writing this book so yeah, it had been a hectic year. But I'm glad I made it through and I hope you would enjoy and love this book as much as I do <3

I will update daily so come on and join me in this wonderful ride. Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote~