𝟬𝟭𝟭 invisible wounds

ミ☆ chapter eleven; invisible wounds[ season 3, episode 5 ]

[ season 3, episode 5 ]

𖤍

Amara couldn't unsee it.

Every time she tried to go to sleep, she would see Derek dying, over and over again. And although actually it wasn't her fault, Amara couldn't help but feel like it was.

He died fighting for the ones he loved.

"Mara," a voice called, pulling her out of the void that slumber had placed her in. "Maraaaaaa..."

Her eyelids fluttered open, and she was met with the sight of Jia, who happened to be annoyingly close to her face, her eyes laced with concern. "You still up for the meet?"

Amara grumbled quietly. That was today, wasn't it?

The girl couldn't go home last night, she had already told Jada to tell their mom she was staying over at Jia's. Thankfully, she had a bag packed before she snuck off, so she had everything she needed for the night. Though she was exhausted, she still took a shower that night. It was much needed.

"It's fine if you aren't," Jia reassured her. "We can stay here and sulk for the rest of the day."

"No," Amara declined, pushing off a bed that wasn't hers and sitting up. "There's safety in numbers."

"Okay." Jia nodded with reluctance, more worried about the state that Derek's death had left her friend in than some stupid meet. "Your bag is in the bathroom. I'll wait downstairs for you to change, then we can head to school."

"Thanks," Amara spoke with a sad smile.

Jia stood up from her crouched position and made her way to the door of the guest room. Before exiting, she turned around. "Oh, can I have the window seat?"

Amara almost laughed. "Not a chance."

She sat in bed for about five extra minutes, reflecting on the events last night once again before rolling out of it to go the bathroom to freshen up.

She almost flinched at her own reflection. She looked like a zombie.

This was going to be a long day.

𖤍

Knowing Jia, she would've taken the window seat regardless of Amara's protests. Maybe it was out of pity, but she actually let her friend have it this time, and while Amara hated pity, this occasion was the exception.