𝟬𝟬𝟮 someone take me home

ミ☆ chapter two; someone take me home

𖤍

Derek was quick to rush Amara out of the burnt up residence for some odd reason that the she wasn't exactly aware of.

It was unfortunate she had decided to return to the land of the living in the midst of the Alpha Pack's arrival. Now, the Hale was juggling two things; his missing betas, and a revived sister.

"This is where you live now?" Amara inquired, leaning against the back elevator as it went up.

Derek remained quiet, letting her answer the question for herself. Amara didn't appreciate his attitude. She knew that losing family so quickly was bound to have an impact on him, but that didn't mean her feelings towards this new version of him were unwarranted.

The elevator dinged, and he exited, prompting Amara to follow behind him. The hallway seemed endless as they continued their journey to his loft. Amara had been awfully quiet since she had gotten into the car. Maybe it was because Derek had turned on the radio, where the host pretty much confirmed what year it was.

The alpha finally came to a halt and stood in front of a large door. He yanked it open, revealing the loft.

Amara went in before he did. When she took her first step inside, the sunlight had already started pouring through the windows and into her orbs. She squinted her eyes a bit, trying to adjust properly to her surroundings.

She was able to make out one figure. One that seemed to be unfazed by the fact that she was alive and in front of him. The man held a finger to his chin.

"So, you were telling the truth, Derek," Peter spoke aloud, nearing the two as they stood by the entrance. Maybe it was a bit assholish, but he expected the teenager to be more excited to see him.

She was. And she would've probably ran to give him a hug, but she was too tangled in her own thoughts to properly notice the fact that it was Peter Hale standing in front of her.

He didn't know that, though, and he just had to ask. "Did you tell her about. . . ?"

Derek raised an eyebrow. "About the part where in her absence you became a sociopathic murder who killed Laura and tried to kill a bunch of high schoolers too? Think I missed that part."

The older Hale sent an agitated glare towards his niece before meeting eyes with Amara once again. She looked taken aback by Derek's words, to no one's surprise. She was getting sick of the constant bombs being dropped on her. But she knew there were more to come.