𝟬𝟭𝟬 the rise and the fall

ミ☆ chapter ten; the rise and the fall[ season 3, episode 5 ]

[ season 3, episode 5 ]

𖤍

Derek managed to break his promise in less than twenty-four hours. That had to have been a new record.

Derek's initial plan was to fight ( maybe even kill ) the Alphas now that they knew of their whereabouts. Amara believed she had managed to knock Derek off his high horse and convince him to take another approach, but it seemed he just told her exactly what she wanted to hear.

Amara found out about this when Cora had called her off of Derek's phone to ask if she planned to help like her brother said. There had been some major miscommunication. Cora believed that Amara had been briefed on the whole thing, but as it turned out, she hadn't. Cora didn't even try to cover up her mistake, all she did was curse Derek under her breath and hang up.

What Derek didn't realize is that would just put Amara in a tough spot. The Alpha Pack would think she was aware of the ambush they were planning and willingly withheld information. Amara didn't need to dig any deeper into the hole she was already in, so she had to watch from the sidelines for once, just like Derek intended for her to.

But that didn't mean she had to watch from the sidelines at home.

"Can you cover for me?" Amara asked innocently, shooting her sister a pleading smile as she plopped down on her bed.

"Why?" Jada inquired.

"Don't worry about that," Amara dismissed, waving a hand. "Just tell mom I'm sleeping over Jia's house and she'll drop me off at school for the cross-country meet tomorrow."

"I hope you're not trying to get yourself killed and meet with those alphas," Jada murmured, her words making Amara's jaw fly open. "I pay more attention than you think."

"I'm not," the girl lied. "I swear."

Derek was already starting to rub off on her.

"You better not be lying to me," Jada pushed, plugging in her phone and placing it on her nightstand. "I'll cover for you, just be careful. I don't intend on becoming an only sibling again."

Amara beamed eagerly, rising from the bed and giving her sister a rushed hug. "Thank you, love you!"

𖤍

Amara knew it was going to be a challenge to get there, especially without a car. Fortunately, Jia & Allison had already been planning to do the same thing that Amara was. After one phone call, the three were on their way to the abandoned mall that Scott had relocated to.