𝟬𝟬𝟲 chaos rising

ミ☆ chapter six; chaos rising [ season 3, episode 2]

[ season 3, episode 2]

𖤍

Despite Amara and Scott's clear concerns, Derek ushered the two out of the abandoned Hale house that they had followed him to with Isaac. The alpha had informed Amara that he'd let her see Isaac when he was healed and actually conscious. She would've argued back, but it was no use.

He had remained silent about the Alpha Pack they'd encountered at the hospital, so Amara did the same. It didn't matter, anyways, because later on that day she received a text from Scott, who was offended about her lack of communication.

As for the scratch that had been inflicted upon her in the hospital, she had no idea what was going on in that department.

It hadn't healed, and oddly enough, it seemed to be worsening. Amara didn't want to raise any alarms, seeing as there was an an entire pack of alphas on the loose. So, she just wore jackets and long sleeved tops more often to hide the bandages for the next two days.

The school day went by pretty fast, thankfully. Amara was eager to stop by Derek's loft to visit Isaac since she hadn't actually gotten the chance to see him conscious and well even though Derek had confirmed that he was. She wanted to see him for herself.

She would've gone immediately after the dismissal bell for last period rang, but Lydia insisted that she stayed after school in the library with her, Allison, and Jia. She wanted to say no, but she knew she desperately needed it.

Amara had a lot on her mind, including Stiles' apparent missing girl friend, as well as Derek's missing betas that could potentially lead the group to the alphas. All of it had to wait, though. She couldn't afford to fall back in class.

"Shouldn't that have healed by now?" Lydia inquired observantly, using her pen to point at Amara's bandaged arm. She had taken off her jacket minutes prior. She didn't want to, but the library felt warmer than any other area of the building.

Amara cluelessly furrowed her eyebrows at the girl's question. Lydia nodded once more at her elbow. Realization struck her features. "It's healing. Just taking a little longer than usual."

Lydia's olive hues alternated between the white bandage and Amara's gaze suspiciously. She didn't look to be buying a single word that came from her mouth, but ultimately decided to leave it alone.

Amara finally looked back down at her homework, a deep exhale coming from her lips. She rubbed her forehead tiredly. "If I knew I'd be coming back to this, I would've buried myself again."