𝟬𝟬𝟳 creatures of the night

ミ☆ chapter seven; creatures of the night[ season 3, episode 3]

[ season 3, episode 3]

𖤍

"I can't believe they benched me," Amara groaned. Isaac was out of commission because the ice bath he had been emerged in left him completely disoriented for rest of the day and the next, giving the boys an opportunity to put her on nurse duty for the Lahey boy.

She was sure it was just some decoy to keep her away from all the action as well. The commotion she caused in the bathroom made the boys grow more suspicious than ever, which, was technically her fault.

Being honest just didn't feel appropriate at the time. They had much bigger things at hand. Like, how Erica was supposedly dead and apparently, there was another girl in the vault with Boyd.

"Me too," Isaac agreed, fiddling with his scarf. He was laid out on his bed, still ready just in case he was needed by Derek and Scott. Amara sat on the edge of the bed, facing a different direction from him.

"Well, you were, like, barely above the line of living last night, so..."

"And you broke a sink," he retorted.

She stiffened at his words. Amara believed she did a pretty good job at hiding it from everyone. Except Deaton, of course, who was more than eager to have his niece explain why a large chunk of his sink was in the trashcan.

Isaac turned his head to the side, seeing nothing but the back of the girl's jean jacket. Her lack of a reply prompted him to speak again. "What was that about, by the way?"

Amara stared down at her lap. "What?"

"You know what."

She dramatically sighed. After a beat, she spoke again, turning to face Isaac. "I don't know. You see this?" She pointed to her bandaged elbow. "This hasn't healed and it's been days. I didn't think it was too big of a deal until there were fangs in my mouth and my eyes looked like they were on fire. It still hasn't healed, and now I swear I'm hallucinating talons where my fingernails are supposed to be."

The only good part about her supposed hallucinations were the fact that they were a whole lot better than the agonizing pain that would shoot out in her arm. The main downside was that she felt was going mad.

Isaac sat up and stopped messing with the navy blue cloth wrapped around his neck. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Because Derek has two missing betas, and an Alpha Pack that wants to kill us all," She replied, her face remaining straight. "I don't think anybody needs anything else to worry about."