𝟬𝟬𝟰 back to normal

ミ☆ chapter four; back to normal [ season 3, episode 1]

[ season 3, episode 1]

𖤍

"Allison, did you invite us just so you could get out of that double date?" Jiayi questioned, visibly offended.

"It was not a date!" Lydia defended, her voice raising an octave. "It was a group thing."

The Argent arched a brow at her best friend, who had her eyes on the road. "Did they know that?"

Since Amara had reunited with her family, she had been practically forced to adjust back to her life and try to make up for the lost time.

She had reunited with Jia after a day or two after she return. She her best friend since she was young. Her parents weren't exactly aware of how close Jia and Amara were.

Jiayi came from a family of werewolf hunters, so, it only makes sense that they don't bond well with a family like Amara's, one that protects werewolves.

That didn't stop the two from becoming best friends, though. They had instantly connected in kindergarten when Jia lent Amara her purple colored pencil after Stiles Stilinski had accidentally stepped on hers. They became inseparable.

Despite their feuding families, they were able to remain friends, and both sides couldn't see why their children had to share the detestable feelings that they held for one another. That was their common ground.

Amara couldn't say the same for the Argents, though. Her last memory of them was when they had attacked Deucalion's pack and blinded the man permanently. Not long after, he convinced other packs to betray their betas and form a stronger group.

An Alpha Pack.

While Amara didn't like this, she blamed the Argents for it, since they were the ones to ambush the werewolves when all they wanted to do was coexist in peace. Not to mention the fact that it was Kate who started the fire that killed multiple people, even some who were innocent. The family was also to blame for the fire that killed her.

That's why it took so long for her to warm up to Allison Argent. Her name brought up bitter memories, ones that Amara never wanted to relive. It was a while before the Jheung girl could find it in herself to see that Allison wasn't like them. Same for her father. They had made it clear they were done hunting after all the loss they had to endure following Scott McCall's transition into a werewolf.

Jia's parents stopped being so active in that field as well after the fire. Innocents died, when in reality, the intention was to protect those who were innocent. It wasn't something they wanted to be apart of. They couldn't say the same for the rest of their family tree, as they were just as heartless as hunters like Gerard and Kate. That was something that would never change.