Returning Home

When I woke up, Aizawa was the one who greeted me. "So... why did you go instead of getting me?" That was the first thing he asked as I shifted to a sitting position. Pain ran through my chest and one arm was in a sling. I wasn't sure if it was just a fracture or broken yet though. There Aizawa was, standing with his back leaned against the wall, eyes closed. Was he waiting for me to answer... probably.

There was just no answer that I could give him. "I don't know. I remember Reset activating and just walking. It was almost like I was on auto-pilot. I have no excuse for my actions." He sighed. Why? "The fight though... it wasn't all their fault, I got into the middle of it. I assume All Might told you the cause of the fight."

With a nod, Aizawa turned his gaze away from me. "Yeah, it had something to do with him, and his retirement." That summed some of it up. It wasn't everything but basically. With Aizawa not knowing the whole situation either, it made sense that was the excuse All Might told him. "In essence they had no choice but to break the rules. Not that I let it go."

That made sense too. "So, what's my punishment?"

His gaze turned back to me again. "Good question. You didn't really fight, but you still should have come to get me. You have four days of House Arrest with Bakugou and intense training on your Reset. You need to get better control, so that's what we will work on. It will also be easier than the chores with your injuries."

I smiled. "Ok, when do we start?"

Standing straight he walked towards the door. "Tomorrow. As soon as the sun rises, meet me at the stairs." When the door opened, he paused. "Get whatever you need from the store today." With that he left.

What did I need? Oh, that was right, I had been wanting to try a few things. This was going to be one of my only chances to get it. "Okay. I'll be back soon." After he left, I got up and changed into some casual clothes. I needed to get a few more of them so that I had more than just a week's worth and my school uniform. As I made my way down the streets a fire caught the corner of my eye, what was going on.

Carefully I made my way closer. There were three people standing before it and one of them was wearing something I recognized immediately. A green jacket with purple fluff. Could it really be him? "If you've got this many people, you should have a bigger goal. You guys are sick. You need to get better."

Walking closer feeling the heat hit my face, and dry out my skin the closer I got. "We got the money, so we should skedaddle before the heroes get here, Overhaul." Overhaul? Who was that?

He didn't move but I stopped about six feet from them. "They're all sick, every last one of them."

My voice almost didn't make it past my lips as I spoke the name I had been wanting to say for ages. "Kai... Is that you, Kai?" The man in green turned to me, his brown hair and small golden eyes looking me up and down. "Please... tell me it's you. I want to go home, Kai."

Tears ran down my cheeks as my free hand gripped my shirt. "(Y/n)." His eyes widened, but that was definitely him. I ran closer, my arm wrapping around his torso as the others around him gasped. "You're alive?"

I pressed my head further against him, he was so warm. "Mmm. You would never believe-" I stopped, eyes turning behind me. "Reset complete. No, no, no. I can't go back there. Please don't make me go back."

Behind me was the man known as Twice. My back hit Kai's stomach before I rushed behind him, fingers gripping tightly at his jacket. I can't go back there, even if Shigaraki is the boss now, the doctor is still there. Please, Kai, don't send me back there. "Nemoto, take (Y/n) home and then meet me in a bit. It looks like we have some unsavory company." My gaze shifted up as Kai stared at Twice. "(Y/n), Nemoto will take you home. Wait in one of the underground rooms for me, alright. I'll be back in a few hours."