Stain

To that I lowered my head, protect me? I just bite back the laugh, muttering a few words. "Don't make promises you can't keep. Even the home I want to return to so much... can't protect me. No one can save me, when in the end, I'm just a tool for someone else's plan." No further words were spoken. This was the moment between the battles, when each person got ready to fight.

Next fight was going to be between Todoroki and Midoriya. "Even if you don't believe me now, I will prove it. Just watch, I will be the number one hero." There he goes, on that speech again. Even if he wanted to believe that, when it comes down to it... All for One is going to show him why he would regret saying that. "I'm going back out to watch the matches, do you want an escort back to the announcers booth, or are you staying here?"

I chose to have an escort back to the announcers booth where I remained for the rest of the fighting. Bakugou won, with Todoroki in second, and Kirishima in third. After Midoriya's match with Todoroki, Recovery Girl asked me for some assistance. I agreed to do so, with the same limit I had for Aizawa. I explained that it wasn't necessarily a limit to my power, but a fear. I didn't want to accidently go too far, that I didn't trust myself.

Even after I was done with as much as I trusted myself to reverse, and Recovery Girl taking care of the rest... there was still going to be scarring and if he kept destroying his body like that... it would turn out like All for One... to the point that I would have to push into a place that I didn't feel comfortable going. If he ever got to that point, I would refuse to help. I made sure that was clear to both Recovery Girl and Midoriya. They seemed to understand, and accept it.

We had also learned about Ida's brother, and it was suggested that I help in the recovery process, but I refused. The reason to me was obvious, I didn't know him, and that would be a lot for me to suddenly go back and reset. From what I was told, he was attacked by the villain, Hero Killer: Stain. Someone that Big Brother Shigaraki was looking to have on his team in the league.

It wasn't until a few days after the sports festival that things started to change again. One of the first items was Hero Code Names. Oh, and everyones excited that Aizawa was better after what happened to him during our attack. The reason the names were needed was because of one of the next projects. We were doing work studies under heroes, I would of course be with Aizawa and work at night, with the occasional Rescue Hero, such as Thirteen.

I was fine with that, it meant I was with people I already was comfortable being around. The top people on the list had thousands of names, a few had a couple hundred, the rest were under sixty. Some of the students would need to work under heroes on a different list. Even with the class getting excited I was calm enough, until the new teacher came in. The door opening suddenly caused my head to turn so quickly I could have ended up with whiplash. She was the one who was one of the referees during the festival. It didn't take as long to calm down this time, but there were a few time freeze moments as the class got excited over each name. Bakugou being one of the few who didn't have one. I also didn't come up with a name. So Bakugou suggested one for me instead. "Oi, you." I glanced up but didn't really look at him. Why aren't you writing one down?"

I placed a hand to my elbow, pulling it closer to feel more secure. "I'm not sure I've earned it yet. I'm not a hero, and I'm not even cut out to be a villain. So... it just didn't make sense for me to have one." He sighed, picking up my board and scribbling on it. Taking my arm, he pulled me from my chair to the front. My eyes widened as he dragged me. "No, Bakugou, stop. Please."

He didn't. Instead, he walked straight up to the podium and with his board wrote a name on it. "Time Queen: Infinity Loop." I didn't hate it and neither did the class. If anything they seemed surprised given the names he had tried to give himself. After that came the offers from pros to join them for these work studies. I was going to be with Aizawa on his night patrols.