☁ Prologue

The night was dark, and the streets of the neighborhood were basically abandoned. It was only around nine o'clock at night, but with all the crime happening lately people have been retiring inside early. Lately, Los Angeles has been nothing but a huge crime scene. The rates of crime were getting higher and higher and it seemed like the LAPD couldn't do a damn thing about it. My parents were scared—trembling in their boots. They were currently home in their bed with their trusty home security alarm activated. They didn't even know I was gone. Thankfully, the limited alarm system only worked on the doors. I wouldn't trigger any sensors if I just snuck in through a window.

Like many other people in Los Angeles, my boys and I had crime on our minds tonight. All three of us walked through our neighborhood with backpacks on our back. We called ourselves the C3. Yeah, I know. It's pretty f-cking lame but all of our names started with a 'C'. I had plenty of friends, but the two boys were the ones I spent the most time with. There was me, Channing, and then Cullen and Chase. Cullen had been my best friend since Pre-K. We were like double trouble but Chase, on the other hand, joined in the group sophomore year of high school. He was the p-ssy of the group. No matter what we were up to Chase was always skeptical about it.

"Man, I don't know," Chase said in a shaky voice. I ceased my involuntary whistling and stopped in my tracks. When I turned around on my heels, I faced both Chase and Cullen. My brave, old pre-K buddy seemed just as annoyed as I was with Chase. He had a bit of a smirk on his face as he looked between the both of us. I guess you could say I was the 'leader' of our little group, but I liked to think of our friendship as a nice, clean democracy. "Seriously, guys. We should call this off," Chase told the both us with wide, baby blue eyes. He looked from Cullen back to me. In unison, Cullen and I shook our heads.

Chase whimpered and pushed his disheveled blond hair out of his face. He held the straps of his backpack tightly as he looked at me with tenseness. His shoulders were hunched and he almost resembled a frightened little boy. Cullen rolled his eyes in the background and shook his head with shame which caused his brunette quiff to jiggle. Unlike, the shaken clean-cut Chase, Cullen resembled a man with his quite virile beard and above average height. The two boys were like day and night.

"Why don't you just chill the f-ck out," I told Chase as I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. It was f-cking annoying that he could never be fully down with the sh-t we had planned. Last night, we went over this a billion times and he was more than fine with it! We were going to go into this little Asian dude's convenience store, rob his ass blind and then come right back out! It was simple! It's not like we've never robbed anyone else before! "We've got guns just in case anything goes wrong. We have ski masks to hide our identity. Everything is going to go great, you anxious f-ck!"

Cullen chuckled and slammed his hand on the rear of the blond's back harshly. The smaller boy jumped with fright and the both of us of us laughed at him. "You've got to stop being a p-ssy, man," Cullen told Chase as we continued to walk. Cullen and I walked alongside each other as Chase kept muttering about how he was petrified behind us. I wasn't really worried about it. Everything would be fine once the action happened. I knew Chase wouldn't freeze up on us or bail on us. He may be panicky before the job, but he usually could get the job done.

"Damn, what's going on over there," Cullen asked as he put his arm in front of me. I stopped immediately and looked towards where he was staring. Across the street, a news van was parked outside of an abandoned house. Heather Lively, the best-looking Californian anchor was standing forefront of the front porch of the rundown home as a cameraman filmed her. "That's my Uncle Bob's old place."

"Yeah, but it's been abandoned for years. I bet they did some big drug bust there or something earlier today," Chase reasoned from behind us.

I stared at the newswoman across the street. She talked into the camera as if she was giving the story of her lifetime. Instantly, a no good smirk came upon my face. "Channing, whatever you're about to do, don't do it," Cullen told me sternly once he noticed the very familiar smirk that I usually had on my face before getting into a sh-tload of trouble. It was too late, although. I had my mind made up and I knew I was about to be a f-cking legend.