☁ 19

Song for this chapter: Touch the Sky - Kanye West

-

A wide arrange of emotions was flowing through my body as we casually rode to the crime scene in Richdale Academy's van. All the superheroes in the movies and the comic books always arrived in style. I thought it was pretty f-cking funny that instead of showing up in some pretty elaborate, fancy vehicles, or by flying that we were actually showing up in a sappy ass van. A van that advertised how much of f-ck ups we were. The whole situation was going to be pretty ironic and I couldn't wait to see how it all panned out.

Oddly, my stomach wasn't doing flips and I wasn't afraid of what the consequences could be for our actions. Here we were, ten, superhuman girls and all we had to do was take out ten lowlifes with guns. I bet the robbers were shaking their guns at people at the moment, and making demands but I also bet that they didn't even know what they were doing. The dumbasses probably watched a gangster movie, got inspired and tried to carry things out like it happened in the movies. Everything was going to be a piece of cake.

The girls were also hype about the idea of our first mission together. They yammered as usual about how hectic things were going to get once we got to the bank robbery. Our lives were about to change and from now on there was no going back. People were going to know us as superheroes. We'd never live like regular people again and I don't know how I felt about that. Growing up, I've always did bad sh-t with Chase and Cullen but now it was like I'd have to devote my life to the citizens of the world. I felt like I had to obey the law and abide like an honorary citizen to set an example for the community.

That was going to be the toughest hassle for me. Quite frankly, I liked getting into sh-t. I liked annoying people and running away from the cops. I liked causing trouble and putting myself in situations that could almost get me arrested. It was my thing and now it was about to be taken away from me. I guess it was all a good thing. Being a superhero would definitely mold me into a better person and help me mature a bit.

"You're really quiet. Don't tell me you're scared, paramount," Blair teased me with a nudge from her elbow. I chuckled and glanced at her from the road. I was the one driving the van as usual. It always surprised me that they trusted me enough to drive them. Out of all of them, excluding Adriana, I was probably the craziest. Someone mature should probably be driving like Primrose, but I didn't denounce the girls' logic for their safety. I actually liked driving so it was no biggie.

I glanced over to Blair to see her giving me a teasing smile. Her eyes glistened softly, which made me grin, myself. I couldn't believe that she was my girlfriend. Months ago, I didn't even think that I'd ever get over Violet but here I was completely over her and on to someone new. What made things even better was Blair had beaten Violet in so many categories. She was way more gorgeous, considerate and most importantly, our feelings were mutual to each others. I had definitely upgraded.

"Me? I'm never scared, princess! I'm the paramount! There's nothing be scared of! I already told you that I was like the female Jesus! I'm indestructible!" Blair raised her eyebrows at me as in to question my statement and I turned back towards the road. We were only a few more blocks away from the bank. The closer we got, the more my stomach tingled in some weird way. It wasn't necessarily fear, but more of anticipation. "Aren't you lucky to have such a strong girlfriend like me," I added.

"Girlfriend," it seemed like half the girls questioned at once. Sh-t. I forgot that we didn't even tell them that we were dating.

Blair's cheeks flushed and she looked back from the passenger's seat at the girls who all had their mouths dropped. "Yes. Channing and I are dating," she confessed sheepishly.