Authors Notes

Welcome to Unsettling. This is a romance novella based on a prompt for the @OpenNovellaContest. This is just one of my projects for ONC because apparently I'm a glutton for punishment after writing two last year!

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Blurb

Nikki Valentine is a smart, successful boudoir photographer with a curvy body and passion for empowerment. Despite this, she has spent years in a relationship so full of red flags she should have run a mile. Whilst on their eighth relationship break, she agrees to go on a date to a football match as a last-ditch attempt to salvage things.

Evan Griffin knows he's approaching the end of his football career and is beginning to think about what he wants next from life. When pitch issues at a game lead to the commentators trying a "Kiss Cam" like American sporting events often use, something catches his eye and Evan can't resist stepping in.

The unexpected encounter between the pair sets sparks flying and when they find themselves working together just a week later, the chemistry is intense!

What happens when they both realise they don't have to settle for relationships or careers that don't fulfil them? Will their 'unsettling' cause them to collide or tear them apart?

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Prompt

Based on prompt 51. The problem with red flags is that I'm attracted to them.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

I really hope you will enjoy reading this as much as I know I will writing it.

If you have any questions or are also taking part in ONC and would like to be buddies/cheer each other on, please drop the name of your project here. Looking forward to writing with you all!

This story is an original work by A Williamson and is only available on W A T T P A D.

If you are seeing this story anywhere else then it has been taken without my consent. Please let me know by messaging me on there or Instagram/TikTok under ItsTheQuietGirls.