+twenty eight+

"Are we ready now?" Ashley groaned, fifteen minutes later.

Everybody nodded.

"Remember, nobody comments on anyone's secret. You just hear it. We need to move on, people."

Maia frowned, "You seem way too excited for this."

Ashley shrugged, "I'm drunk."

Maia looked at her half empty bottle. "Already?"

Ashley rolled her eyes, "Shut up and stop stalling. You have to start us off."

Maia sighed, "Alright."

Everyone looked at her.

"You probably want to know about what I said in the cafeteria." Maia started, "Well, you all know I'm adopted. A week ago, I got a letter from my birth parents saying they wanted to meet me. I went and met them today, that's why I couldn't watch the movie with you guys." She admitted, "They were really great. But my parents don't like the fact that I'm meeting them, I guess. They've been giving me silent treatment." She sighed, "I guess they think I'll run away to Korea or something."

Silence.

She looked at her friends. They looked concerned.

Oliver looked guilty.

"That's what you were trying to tell me?" He asked, softly.

She nodded, "Before you got mad at me, yeah." She muttered, "I'm sorry if I upset you, Oliver." She said, "All I was thinking about this week was meeting my parents."

Oliver opened his mouth.

"Okay, you can do more of this after we're done. Maia, choose a person.

She didn't even think for a second before replying, "Shawn."