+one+

"Maia."

"Maia, time to get up."

"Maia, can you her me?"

"Maia! Get your ass out of bed."

"I'm up." Maia muttered loudly before snuggling back into the bed and sighing.

Peace and quiet at last.

"Maia Hope Donovan, I may not have produced you from my uterus but I have changed your dirty nappies for seventeen years. I know you're still in bed."

Maia frowned, "I stopped wearing nappies when I was two."

"Dear, those were only one type of nappies."

She groaned with embarrassment, "MOM! You didn't have to change those. Five minutes, and I'll be up, promise."

"Pancakes getting over." Her mother called.

Oh, she's playing dirty.

"I'm up!" She called, as she heaved herself out of bed.

After she's finished doing all her morning stuff, she sauntered into the kitchen in her pajamas.

"Sweetheart, you have toothpaste on your nose." Was the first thing her mother said to her.

Her elder brother Stanley snorted, "How did you manage that?"

She shrugged and wiped her nose, "Skill," She told her brother, "But what would you know about that?"

"Watch it, squirt," Her brother threw a fork at her, which she dodged.

She lifted up a plate to throw at him, but it was pulled out of her hand.

"Not happening." Her father said, placing the plate back on the table, "Morning Mai."

She grinned at her dad through a mouthful of pancake.

"Stanley, could you get the mail?" Her mother asked as she took a bit of pancake.

"Why can't Maia do it? I'm still eating." Stanley complained.

Everyone stared at Maia.

Maia looked down at her plate.

It was empty.

Darn.

"Fine." She grumbled, getting out of her seat, "Only because I'm an awesome daughter."

Her dad nodded, "My favorite daughter."

She rolled her eyes as she walked to the door, "I'm your only daughter."

She pulled the mail out of the box.

Bills.

Bills.

Mr. Donovan.

Bills.

And then a complete Harry Potter moment occurred.

She was holding a letter that said, Maia Hope Donovan.