+seven+

So all my story rankings have vanished. Admittedly, it makes me quite sad, but I'll get over it.

It was lunchtime now and Maia felt like she hadn't gotten anything done the whole day.

Her history assignment lay in her bag, only half done.

Her article for the school paper hadn't even been touched.

Maia desperately needed to get her head back in the game.

After lunch.

All she knew right now was that she was really hungry.

She bought a sandwich, an apple and a bottle of water and made her way back to their table.

Another new discovery was their table.

It defied all school 'laws'.

And that's what made it so awesome.

She plonked her trey next to Skye's and frowned.

She still hadn't found her big scoop for the week.

"Why the long face, goofy?" Skye asked, nudging her.

Every time she saw Skye, the girl was practically glowing. She and Bash had finally gotten together and her father had been released from prison. Maia couldn't be happier for her friend.

"I have to submit an article for next week's paper and I have absolutely no clue what to write about." She groaned, banging her water bottle on the table to convey her frustration.

"Write about penguins and tortoises getting extinct." Isobel suggested.

"I don't write the environment column." Maia sighed.

"Write about the play." Skye suggested.

"It was last week! It's old news now."

Skye frowned.

Maia quickly said, "What I mean to say is somebody's already written an article about it in this week's paper."

"Which we would know if we actually read the paper." Ashley pointed out.

Maia glared at her.

"Ignore her," Marcus said, "She's still pissed that you didn't do an article about the cheerleading team."

"I am not." Ashley snapped at him.

Anybody else would have crumbled to stone under the force of Ashley's glare, but Marcus just smiled and went back to his lunch.

Maia smiled. What a funny bunch they were.

Then the idea struck her.

"That's it." She shrieked, causing heads from other tables to turn towards her.

"What?" Oliver seemed to be asking.

But she was already gone.