Chapter 10

Allie stood sipping a glass of champagne next to the wide eyed Macy ,and a few others of Allie's so called friends. Allie had never realized how popular her family, more like her father was. Allie was sad to see him leave, but was happy that her Aunt Amanda was coming to stay with her family while her father was gone.
"Lady Allison, I would like to hope that James is doing well," Lady Amelia Goldsmith asked as Allie groaned in her head. Amelia was always going on about her brother, who had no feelings for the her or any other young lady to be exact. James was exceedingly shy and particularly would not talk to many people. He was the future Duke of Silvermont and was not a very wonderful society man, mostly because he would not attend a dinner or ball unless made to.
"Yes, he is doing well. Oh Miss Ingrid! Please excuse me ladies, I see someone I just have to talk to!" Allie smiled happily as she found a way out of a conversation about her brother, she walked over to a young girl she had meet the last season. Ingrid was standing next to a girl younger than Allie by most likely two years, she had dark brown curls and the palest of white skin, Ingrid n the other hand was blonde hair that was worn up and had blue eyes.
"Miss Ingrid how are you, " Allie questioned as Ingrid looked at her.
"Very well Lady Allison, oh this is Lady Kathrine Haven," Ingrid introduced the girl next to her nodded. "Very nice to meet you, Lady Katherine," Allie smiled as Macy walked over to join them. "This is Miss Macy Colt."
"How do you do?" Macy giggled as she noticed Morgan pushing his way to the unaware  Allie. "Fine, thank you. " Morgan replied.

"May I have this dance?" Morgan grinned a charming smile and put his hand out to Allie, Allie did not know what to say, so she just stood there staring at his hand. What do I do? Allie asked her self, her mind racing around until it was a bundle of nerves. Her hand nervously moved until placed in Morgan's large hand.
" Yes, my lord," Allie muttered, Macy smiled as big as her lips would let her and her eyes glowed. With that the music started and Morgan took Allie in his arms.
"Allie, you look beautiful tonight! " Morgan complemented as they moved back and forth around the room to the music.
"Thank you," Allie looked into his eyes, admiring his handsome face.
"But you always look beautiful, so this is no different and you know to call me Morgan. Not my lord," Allie's cheeks brightened and her eye grew big. Then he commented. "I see you are wearing the necklace!"
"Yes, I still wonder why you purchased it," She said plainly and he smiled as a curl dropped from her complex up do into her face. Allie took her gaze from the necklace to Morgan's brown eyes, again. They looked to be glowing with happiness.
"Because I heard you loved to play the harp, although if I am correct many ladies play pianoforte, " Morgan chuckled as Allie grinned saying, "Well just goes to show how I am not like other ladies," The dance finally came to an end.
"Take a walk with me in the gardens," Morgan whispered into Allie's ear as she nodded slightly.
Morgan opened a side door from the ballroom that led out to a large garden. It was one of Allie's favorite places to be, in the garden with all the flowers and trees.
"Why did you bring me out here?" Allie asked while she pulled her arms around her bare arms.
"I wanted to ask you something," Morgan smiled nervously. "Are you cold?"
"Not really," Goosebumps pricked through Allie's pale skin.
"We can go back inside in a minute."
Allie sat on the bench next to a large elm tree that's branches swayed in the wind of the night. Morgan's eyes settled apon her as he waited her response. The sky was full with bright stars that glistened and glowed. A band of diamonds sat in the velvet lined box.
"Marry me?" Allie's eyes were as big as her hand and her blood drained from her head. Other than not knowing what to say Allie did not know if she looked as stupid as she felt.
Macy was right, Macy was right! The words rang throughout Allie's mind. On a night with the fullest stars, the night with a slight wind, the first time she did not know what to say to an important question.
"Allie I spoke with the Duke and he said it was up to you," Morgan glanced down at the ground.

Morgan felt utterly embarrassed, she was just watching him, her eyes wide and her beautiful mouth parted to an o. He didn't know what to do if she said no. How could he stay now that he had found out that there was a fire at his home.
Well of course he was told by many Allie was a spitfire, she was destined to be her own failure. A beautiful one, no doubt.
"Morgan, I... don't know what to say," Allie whispered with tears growing in her big blue eyes.
"Let me explain, Lady Allison Merriman I have found myself slowly falling in love with you since I saw you at the wedding. I thought I would go unnoticed if I didn't do something to make you see me. My original plan was to push you and not have you notice me until I can to help you up, honestly I would have never done that if I knew how well it worked."
"Is this an apology?" Allie asked smiling as Morgan nodded his head.
"Allie, I love you with all my heart. I want you to be my wife, to live alongside me. To help, to love and to be with me!" Morgan held on to Allie's gloved hands. A stray tear rolled down Allie's cheeks, with a sweep of his hand, Morgan wiped the tear softly out of sight.
"You want me?" Allie confused expression made a grin tug at Morgan's mouth and a sudden nod can to place. "Than I will be honored to become your wife."

Sorry that I have not updated. I was busy with other things... but now I am back with better ideas!