Chapter 8

The cover is made by my friend, amp123.
----
Morgan sat on the city in the library with James they talked of the estates. "State manner is quite beautiful, it is white with ivy that grows up the walls. There are about 50 servants including the garden staff," Morgan said as he picked up a map of Fernmore's surroundings.
" It sounds very fine, I bet that Allie would like it there... she loves ivy ," James concluded as they heard the door open.
"Sir, there is a lady outside and she says that she belongs here. I did not know you were expecting company," Charleston, the butler was about to finish as a young woman walked in. She had a fiery red hair that was cut short about your chin. Her eyes were the gray and her sink was as pale as a ghost. She was short, she could not have been taller than 5'1.
Morgan wondered who she was and by the look on James' face, he was not to thrilled to see her.
"James!" She squealed running over to him. James moved quickly away from her scooting over to the other side of the sette.
"Macy, I have not seen you in ages!" Allie ran towards her. Allie looked so tall besides Macy, they were at least 8 inches apart. Morgan looked at Allie, seeing that she was beautiful. Her long dark curls were down and a white day dress made her look like an angel.
"I can't believe I am finally here! Can you believe I can stay til January?" Macy questioned with a very strong accent. It sounded very American. She had a completely different style than must women Morgan had seen he could not even describe it.
"January, like three months, " James managed to spit out as his brown eye grew big.
"All of them!" Macy said as Allie took her arm and they happily walked out of the room.
"Who is that?" Morgan asked James after the girls had left.
"Macy Colt, one of Allie's friends. The daughter of Markus Colt, I heard that he was a poor shop keeper in an island off of Maine, Great Cranberry Island, I do believe. But he heard about the California gold rush and made quite the amount of money. Now Macy is of age and her mother sent her to London to find a suitable husband with a tittle." James replied to Morgan.
"Oh," was all Morgan could say.

Allie moved her hand across the large harp in her room. Most girls Allie's age would play pianofore but Allie was not like girls her age. Every finger she moved her thoughts would travel to Morgan. Just a week ago he carried her back to the Abbey and now all he did was stare at her. Did she think that she was beautiful? Ugly? Different?
"Who was that man? When you wrote company you never said that he was that good looking!" Macy giggled, "He is sweet on you!"
"What, he is not!"Allie blushed as she slapped Macy's arm. "How can you tell? Oh he is Lord Wrightwood, but his real name is Morgan State."
"It's a gift, and he was starring at you like a merchant to a gold clock," Macy concluded.
"What?" Allie asked confused.
"All I am saying is you are a beautiful tiara out on a table and he is a young girl that only wants a tiara." Macy said as Allie looked at her as if she were crazy.
"He is a man not a princess and I do not understand you!" Allie laughed as Macy let out an unlady like snort.
"How 'bout I just tell you that he fancies you," Macy concluded. Allie looked at her friend with a sparkle in her eye.
"You like him," Macy accused. Allie blushed a little and a little grin fell on her lips.
"Well, between you and me a little maybe," Allie said truthfully.
"Than I shall have fun here!" Macy joyfully giggled as she lifted her eyebrows.

Morgan yawned as the door to the drawing room was opened and Allie came in. She was wore a red dress that had a sparkly red sash. Her brown hair was up with a few loose curls hanging down.
"Allie, I heard Macy was here! " Emilia rushed over to her.
"Yes and I think you should at like a lady not a monkey," Allie said smiling to her younger sister as she took a seat on a settee.
"Hello everyone," Macy smiled az she came into the room. Behind her was a little white puff ball with blue eyes. It looked like a snow ball.
"What is that?" John asked dryly as James looked up from his book, Allie looked up from talking to Emilia, and Morgan looked up from taking in all of Allie's angel like beauty.
"It is my cat, Duke Silvermont!" Macy stammered anger grew in her gray eyes.
"I was just asking Miss Colt, now if you excuse me!" Was all John said as he turned and walked away.
"Lord Wrightwood I hope you do not mind but I hate title's and Allie said that your name is Morgan, very charming name by the way, do you mind if I call you by that?" Macy questioned smiling. "Allie was talking about me!" Morgan thought.
"I do not mind, Miss Colt. "
"No no no you must call me Macy! Title's are so snobbish and rich for me," Macy said seriously.
"Dinner is served, " Charleston said opening the door to the glittering dinning room. Crystal glasses and white plates were out perfectly. There were three footman that pushed the lady's chairs in.
"So James have you wrote any new books?" Macy questioned as she put a fork in her mouth.
"Yes, " James spoke quietly and very shyly.
"Macy what is America like?" Emilia said saving her brother from talking to Macy. She new he had a fear of talking to women.
"Oh it still feels like home. I lived in Maine, so the winters a cold. Lots of snow and ice. Oh fishing was fun and my friend Martha's father owned a light house, so we would sit up there all night when her father was a way. " Macy said dreaming that she was back home.
"That sounds amazing and awful fun!" Emilia talked on.
----
Happy Mother's day to all the mom's out there!!! I hope that every one loved Macy as much as I love her. She has so much energy... I hope that everyone can keep up with her! She is different from that character's that I normally write about. So please comment and vote! Oh and if any of you are Downton Abbey fans, you all know what Lady Mary's hair cut looks like from the middle of season 5, right? Well that is how I imagined Macy's hair but red. So when it said that her style was different than most lady's, well that is about 50 years difference between Macy and Mary so she looks a little odd.
Natalie