Chapter 6

"Mr. State, I have thought about what I said last night and I want to apologize. So if you will accept my apology I would be very pleased," Allie said looking around the breakfast room and she saw that no one was there expect for Morgan.

"Lady Allison, if I dare say you do not particularly like me and don't pretend you do but your father has invited me to stay for a few months and now that means that you and I must get along for a little while. I will be in your life for a few months and there is no pretending that I will not so you and I must make the best of it!" Morgan answered as he cracked a hard boiled egg.

"Yes, very well. Now do you know where my family is?" Allie inquired as she sat at her normal seat. Morgan looked at her, no more like stared at her beauty. Completely not noticing she asked a question. Her long, brown curls and blue eyes. She was utterly ravishing in every way.

"Oh what did you say?" Morgan asked her. Allie turned and glanced at him, did he not hear her before? She was completely clear on what she asked.

"Where is my family?" Allie said slowly making sure that she was heard. Just then Emilia walked in happily, her thick red hair in a messy side braid. She looked anything but like a daughter of a Duke. Her sky blue dress had little red roses on it and her face had a big smile.

"I am so glad to see you Allie you are the most beautiful person ever and you have never let me down..." Emilia babbled her brown eyes lighting up.

"What did you do?" Allie questioned as she took a red strawberry and ripped of the leafy green part.

"Well I don't think that Madam Lucinda will be here much longer, lets just say that!" Emilia answered looking out the door.

"Lady Allison, please tell me where in the world the Duke is," Madam Lucinda said as she came in soaking wet. Luke followed her with a big smerk on his face and his blue eyes in a glow.

"He went for a walk, he said that he would not be back until supper if not later," Morgan said saving Emilia and Luke from the punishment of their life.

"But if you wanted to tell him something you can tell me," James said walking in to the room looking almost horrified at the wet, furious woman standing before him. "Oh and Lady Allison, you will also tell my sister," He said wimping away.

"Yes lets go to the library where we have some privacy," Allie glared at an oblivious Morgan. The three made their to the room lined with every book you could have desired or have any interest reading. The room had a glowing marble fireplace and beautiful red settees. Multiple wood pillars sat in the room and a John's desk.

"I am so sorry milady," a young Irish scullery maid said as Allie opened the door. The young girl was making the fire and could not have known about Luke and Emilia's prank on the governess.

"It is fine, it was not your fault," Allie replied as she and James sat on the red settees but Madam Lucinda remained standing as the girl left.

"My lady and sir I must tell you that Lady Emilia is a monster, she has no self control and she can not be tamed. She is a unbearable student to teach," Madam Lucinda hissed as Allie and James stared at her in amazement at the words she choose to describe a Duke's daughter.

"Well you will not mind when I tell you that you have no place working here," James replied to the women.

"What do you mean I have no place working here? I just wanted you to control your sister not sack me!" She growled, Allie was amazed that James said that to her because he had never spoken to anyone with that much spunk and enthusiasm. Allie could tell James' anger was up to his forehead or over. He might be shy but he cared about his family more than anything.

"Please leave my sight and I would like you out of this house by luncheon," Allie spat as she walked to the door and opened it to see Luke waiting outside.

"Are you ready for the trail ride," Luke asked with his riding gear on. " I got Blaze all saddled up and ready to go!"

Blaze was Allie's faithful black horse with a little white star on the top of his head. Before long Allie was on Blaze hitting the trails with her little brother.

"Allie, can you help me pack now," Ruthie asked as she grabbed Allie's arm as she walked through the grand door. Before Allie could say anything Ruthie was pulling her up the grand staircase.

"You are not done?" Allie asked when they got to the top of the stairs and there was about twenty cases piled high up. There were hat and shoe boxes, her boxes of dresses were huge. Every accessorizes you could think of was packed and there was more to pack. Allie was amazed at the change in her sister.

"I am married now, I have to pack more!" Ruthie retorted smiling as she raced into her room.

"Wait, what does that have to do with anything?" Allie gasped as Ruthie opened the door to a mess of dresses, hats, and everything else.

"I didn't know that you had this many clothes! Hey is those my ear bobs?" Allie said walking over to the vanity in the corner to see the light blue and silver ear bobs. Ruthie smiled as she held up a small box.

"Yes, I didn't think you would mind missing one pair," Ruthie giggled.

"What's in the box," Allie asked as Ruthie held out the box to her. In the box sat a little golden harp, on a chain. A little diamond was increased into the top.

"Oh Ruthie it is beautiful, oh it's just wonderful!" Allie gasped as she took it out of the box.

"It's not from me it's from Morgan," Ruthie broke Allie's gasps.

——

Sorry the update was so late! I was camping with for all of last weekend and it usually takes me a few days to write a chapter. But to make up fore it I will be posting the next chapter today, I think.. well anyways I have to take back my word about meeting Macy in the next two chapters. I promise she will be in chapter 8!!! Please, please comment and vote!

Natalie