Chapter 8: Mírë

So we stayed a time in Lórien, and then we went on. It wasn't so bad, traveling with the Twins. Now I even got to know Elrohir better. Turns out, he always spoke little because he was scared he'd say the wrong things to the wrong person. And who can blame him, really? I always had that problem. But I always spoke my mind and said the wrong things to the wrong persons. But now I didn't really care for that anymore. I learned how to deal with it and everyone I knew here was nice to me.

It was also great traveling with them knowing who they were: the sons of Elrond!
Of which I was in love with one. Yup, I finally listened to my heart. And to Elladan. Elrohir knew of it, and he supported us, but we decided to keep it from Lord Elrond just a little longer. The next time we would see him, that's when we would tell him. I was scared of what his reaction would be. And I had seen the same fear in Elladan's eyes once.

~

A few months later, in December 3019, we went to Minas Tirith. We were very glad to see Aragorn and Arwen again, the Twins reunited with their sister. And I with my friends. We stayed a while, rested, and let the Houses of Healing look at our wounds.
One month later was the wedding of Éowyn and Faramir in Ithilien. A lot of people came, and it was really nice. It was only the the third wedding I remember witnessing. I was a bridesmaid once, but I was so young, I couldn't remember it.

~

It was really cold outside, but that didn't bother me from standing on a balcony looking out on what once was a battlefield with smoke, death, screaming and blood. Now it was covered with snow and it was peaceful and quiet. Not too silent, though, there were people going in and out the city with food or whatever they were doing.
The winterbreeze was refreshing.

"Doing your daily routine of standing outside and thinking when you don't have to kill Orcs?" I heard a voice ask. Elladan. Exactly the person of whom I was expecting this kind of question.
"Yup," I said. "And what are you doing out on a cold January day?" I asked, not changing my position, only looking up.
"Looking around for you," the Elf answered. "I thought I might find you outside somewhere. At one of the hundred balconies in this building."
I chuckled.

I shivered. It was cold indeed. Elladan put his arm around me. I looked at him.
"You are cold," he said. "Maybe we should go inside."
"Maybe," I whispered, while letting my head fall against him. I would technically turn eighteen this year, but what month? It wasn't the same.

"You know, maybe we don't even have to tell my father about us so soon," Elladan said after a short silence.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, in a few years, the last ship will sail into the West, and my father really wants to go. As well as my grandmother. And some others, but he didn't say who."
"I know who. But I'm not gonna say that."
"Why not?"
"Future secrecy."
"Hm."
"He'll go in three years, more or less."
"That's not too long."
"No."

Elladan took my hand.
"You changed my life, Mírë," he said. "When I saw you at first, I knew things wouldn't be the same."
"What?" I said confused, looking up. "What did you call me?"
"Mírë," he answered. "It means 'jewel' in Quenya. You are always bright like a jewel. So is your smile. And you are here because of the jewel you wore. Mírë."

I smiled.
"That is so sweet."
The Elf looked me deep in the eyes for a moment. He put a strain of hair behind my human ear and layed his hand on the side of my face.
"You are beautiful, you know that, right?"
"I'm not. You are more handsome."
He smiled.

"Mírë, did you know that Elves only can fall in love once?"
"I know."

Elladan brought his face closer to mine. I started to get a bit warm, I don't think I need to explain why. He came even closer and slowly pressed his lips against mine. It probably lasted a few seconds, but it felt like years. And it was amazing.
After all those years he let go, and it started snowing again. I wasn't cold anymore though. I looked to the falling snow and let my head rest to Elladan's shoulder with a big smile on my face. I had never been happier in my life.

~

A lot had happend in a few years. Elladan and I got to know even more about each other and went along really well. We were also very much in love.
We stayed in Rivendell for a time, and after some time Elladan decided to ask for permission for us to be together, although we were already a couple. He was really nervous, because Elrond liked me, and had known me for a long time now, but he still wasn't sure what he would say.

I wished him luck as he went to Lord Elrond. And he came back with a big smile. His father had allowed us to be a couple, but he was sad he had to go through that with both his daughter and one of his sons. Though, when Elladan told him he would go West when I would die, his face cleared. That was a good idea. I was scared that his father would hate me for 'stealing' his son, but luckily that wasn't the case.

I would've loved to go to Valinor, but I was human, so that would never be possible. Only Ringbearers and Elves were allowed to go, and Gimli as only Dwarf ever. So no exceptions for humans.

I had left my diary in Rivendell, and because we were there now, I had written my entire journey in there. I had plenty of time now, anyways.

Short chapter, but HEH, finally Elladan and Vicky (Mírë) official! Next chapter probably bit sad, maybe you can guess why lol.