Chapter 1: The Palantír and Dreams

Along with Éomer, Théoden, Gandalf and the Three Hunters I rode to Isengard. Where Merry and Pippin were. On their field of victory.

But first, I said goodbye to Haldir. He was still the Marchwarden of Lórien and his duty was to protect its borders. But I saved him, and he helped me, twice, and we had become good friends in such a short time. It was hard to say goodbye again. Trying not to tear up I gave the Elf a human hug. I didn't know if he was startled again, but I didn't care.

"It was an honor to fight alongside you," he said.
"The honor was mine," I replied. "Namarië."
He bowed his head and went away with the small group of surviving Elves.

~

We rode through Fangorn Forest, and soon arrived at Isengard. There were no trees, they were cut down, but there was water all over the ground. Saruman was in Orthanc along with Gríma Wormtongue. But first, we saw the two amazing Hobbits.
"Welcome, my lords, to Isengard!" Merry said.
"You young rascals!" Gimli said. "A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and- and smoking!"
I couldn't hold my laugh. I was so glad to see them again, alive.

"We are sitting on a field of victory," Pippin spoke. "Enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good." He smirked.
"Salted pork?" Gimli said with a dreamy voice.
I laughed.
"I am so happy to see you two again!" I said, while riding forward. They smiled, happy to see us too.

Sketch of Merry

Sketch of Merry

Then Treebeard came, and led us to the tower of Orthanc. We took the Hobbits with us on the horses.
"Young master Gandalf," Treebeard spoke. "I'm glad you've come."
Young. That is funny. Although it was obvious that Treebeard was older.
"Good day, Treebeard," I said to the Ent.
"Good day, young lady," he responded with his low and slow voice. "Are you also a friend of Gandalf?"
"I am. My name is Vicky. And it's very nice to meet you."

"Wood and water, stock and stone I can master," Treebeard continued to Gandalf. "But there is a Wizard to manage here. Locked in his tower."
"Be careful," Gandalf warned us. "Even in defeat, Saruman is dangerous."
"Then let's just have his head and be done with it," Gimli said.
"No, Gimli," I said. "We need him to talk."

Then Saruman showed up, leaning on his staff.
"You have fought many wars and slain many men, Théoden King," he said. "And made peace afterwards. Can we not take counsel together as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace, you and I?"
That was very funny.
"We shall have peace," the king said. "We shall have peace, when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there."

We don't talk about the Westfold. Or when Gondor was when it fell.

"We shall have peace," Théoden continued. "When the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the gates of the Hornburg, are avenged!"
I understood the anger of the king. I was too.
"When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."