Chapter 6: Events and Love Stories

On May 1, the coronation of Aragorn took place. So many people were there. Everyone had healed, and even Frodo and Sam looked a lot better. Faramir and Éowyn had healed and were together. The woman had done my hair, she was really good at it, and it looked really good, despite my split ends.

We all stood at the sides, and Gandalf crowned Aragorn II Elessar as King of Gondor and Arnor. The Ranger Strider was now gone, he was king.
"Now come the days of the king," Gandalf said. "May they be blessed."
The crown was big, but it fitted on his head, and it was really beautiful.
The king turned around and all of us cheered.

"This day does not belong to one man, but to all," he spoke. "Let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in the days of peace."
We cheered again, and white leaves came falling down on us.

Then Aragorn sang Elendil's Oath in Quenya.

Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta

I knew the translation.

Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come
In this place I will abide, and my heirs,
unto the ending of the world.

I loved the Elvish songs.
He walked through the middle, and we bowed. Legolas came walking to him, and he looked more like a prince than ever. Especially with that tiara on his head, it looked like he was glowing.
Aragorn said something in Sindarin, and then Legolas pointed with his head to something. The king turned and looked. I had almost forgotten.

From behind a banner Arwen came. She had a beautiful dress and a tiara. Her father stood behind her. I thought I was dreaming. Next to Elrond were Arwen's brothers. While Arwen walked to Aragorn, I couldn't keep my eyes of Elladan. He had beautiful clothes on, and he smiled at me. I don't think my smile could have been any bigger.

Aragorn and Arwen looked at each other for a few seconds, and then kissed. Of course they were happy to see each other. The crowd applauded. The Elves kept standing where they were, but it didn't matter. We would have enough time to talk.
Arwen looked my way, and I smiled. She smiled back.

The king walked with Arwen through the crowd until they came to the four brave Hobbits. They bowed, but Aragorn stopped them. This was maybe my favorite scene of the movie.
"My friends," he said. "You bow to no one." Then he kneeled for them, and so did every single person that was standing there, including me.

~

It was time to celebrate. And drink, with me as the only person having water. We toasted to the king, and the Hobbits, and, I couldn't believe it, but they even toasted to me. Alright, I did save a few people, and I was proud of it.
Then I went to Elladan and Elrohir. I gave them a hug, but I noticed Elladan held me tighter.
I sat to talk with him.

"It's been so long," Elladan said.
"I know," I sighed. Then I remembered.
"I dreamt of you," I said. "A lot, but there are few dreams that I remember."
"Oh, am I so boring?" Elladan said with a smirk. He was always so funny.
I laughed.
"No, I mean, why did I have these strange dreams? In my world, I had a lot of weird dreams, but these were just...different. Out of the box."

"Maybe it is because you live here now," Elladan said questioning. "Or I am just really interesting."
I chuckled. I didn't want to go there now.
"I also discovered that I was immortal the entire time, but in a different way. I couldn't die whatsoever."
"Oh, well that is great," he answered with a smile.
"Well..."
"Well what?"

I sighed.
"I threw away my necklace after I had been stabbed," I said. "I was mortally wounded, but my necklace healed it. It let me live so I would go back to my world." I stopped.
"But I do not want to go back. My life is perfect here. So somewhere in February, don't ask why I still know that, I threw my necklace off a cliff, hoping for it to break. From that moment I was mortal. But I survived, and that is good."
"Wow, that-that's harsh," Elladan said with suddenly a serious face.

"Yeah," I said. "It's for the better."
"Yeah, probably," he replied. "Otherwise-"
"Otherwise what?" I asked.
"I would have to miss you again."
He took my hands.

"Elladan, I-" I looked at him.
"I can't do this to your father. I can't make him lose both a son and a daughter. He will hate me."
"He told me something about going to the Grey Havens. But I won't find my peace there. I dreamt of you almost every night. I tried to abandon my thoughts, but it didn't work."
It was silent for a second.

"Same," I whispered. "I wanted to hide my feelings for myself, because I knew I could never have a chance with you. But I guess...that my feelings were stronger than me."
I sighed.
"Do you have to become mortal to be with a human? I mean, you are Half-Elven."
"I don't think so. And does it really matter? It is my choice, right?"
"Yes, your life, your choices, your future," I answered. My own quote. It really was true.

"So, please. I...I love you. You are more than just a girl. You are a warrior. You have fought wars, as one of the only girls ever. And as the youngest one ever. You have risked your life, left your world, left everything. But you saved people, because you forsaw what would happen. And you survived, and yet you chose to stay here, you chose to be mortal. No one, no one in the history of Middle-earth has ever done that. Do you understand how special you are?"

He looked me really intense in the eyes now. I never thought about myself that way. I also never thought that a character that had so little role in this big world would have so much impact on me. I looked at the table.
"I..." I began. I really liked him, and I knew what it felt like to like someone. Then I remembered something that happened once in my world.
I looked in his grey eyes.

"Do you really love me? Or is it just some prank?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"No," he chuckled a bit confused. "Why would you think that?"
I shook my head.
"Something that happened back in my world."
"I really love you."
"I love you too," I heard myself say.
I sighed.
"But if we are gonna go through with this, you must promise me something."
"Anything."

"You must promise that when I die, you sail to Valinor. To be with your family."
He didn't answer immediately.
"I promise."

~

Everyone stayed a few more days in Minas Tirith, because on Midsummer's day Aragorn and Arwen got married. I had gotten a make-over earlier. I had cut my hair, it now came to my shoulders instead of hanging on my back. That would first of all be warm in summer, which it was now, and second my ends were not to look at. In my world, I had dyed the sides of my hair in a slightly lighter brown than my own. It was now still visible in good daylight.

I had a really nice dress for the wedding, it was light-green with wide sleeves. The bride and groom also looked really beautiful.

"Do you take this Elf to be your wife, to love her, to honor her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?" the marriage officiant asked Aragorn.
"I do," the king answered.
"Do you take this man to be your husband, to love him, to honor him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?" he asked Arwen.
"I do," she answered.

They exchanged rings and then the marriage officiant said: "You may kiss the bride."
They kissed, and everyone applauded and cheered.

We had yet another celebration, and I came to the two to congratulate them.

A few days later it was time for the Hobbits to begin their return journey to the Shire.

Hehe, Elladan let's gooo! More coming about that. Happy ending. Jk it's not done yet lol. I guess y'all gotta wait before you know more!
Ps: I am not a pro love story writer, so don't hate me pls 😭 😂