Eventful Day

The hashira were all waiting at the restaurant they'd chosen to sacrifice for Mitsuri's sake, the topic of discussion being the recent change of the water pillar. One that Sanemi, who had joined the demon slayer corps right after Giyuu did, was glad to give his opinion on.

"I'm fucking telling you she drugged him. There's no way in hell that bastard would act that way otherwise."

Gyomei, who was the most pacifist like of the group spoke against the theory, "I don't think so Shinazugawa... Kocho is a doctor, she takes medicine very seriously."

I doubt she would use such a drug on Tomioka without his knowledge...

Gyomei was pulled out of his thoughts as Tengen piped in at that comment, "I don't know Gyomei, what Shinazugawa is saying isn't impossible. If there was a drug that could make Tomioka talk she'd be the one to find it."

She also wouldn't be against using it either...

Tengen shivered at the thought, being on the receiving end of Shinobu's poisons a few more times than he'd like to remember. The worst being the time after he first met her and he'd asked her to be his fourth wife...

She poisoned him the next day.

I'm supposed to be resistant to most poisons too... how'd she even find one that worked on me?

Tengen had been stuck spewing everything he thought for over a week with no filter. He'd been on his wives' shit lists for months after that incident. The worst was Suma who, for as much as he loved her, was not the best cook.

Never again...

Tengen shivered as he went down memory lane, getting pulled into the conversation as Rengoku voiced his thoughts, "I think it is a fantastic change that we should all welcome! Tomioka is a pillar, it is better for morale if he feels more included!"

It will also help me get a spar out of him!

Sanemi snorted at that, rolling his eyes as he leaned back in his chair, "Fucking, please. That bastard's never felt included because he's always looked down on us. Why the fuck do you think he keeps spewing that 'I'm not like you guys' shit all the time?"

Rengoku paused at that statement, tilting his head as he tried to come up with a response but was unable to do so.

I'm a little curious as to why he says that as well if I'm being honest...

He was pulled out of his thoughts as he heard Gyomei sigh, "I don't believe he looks down on us. He wouldn't take his position so seriously if he did."

Gyomei was the longest-standing hashira and he had seen it from day one, the way Giyuu had distanced himself. The way he devoted himself to his duty just as much as the other pillars, maybe even more so.

No one with that kind of determination would look down on others that have done the same...

Those words seemed to take a little wind out of Sanemi's sails because he simply clicked his tongue, muttering curses under his breath. Looking towards Iguro who spoke up since he was genuinely curious about why everyone was so focused on this.

"Was he really that different before? I mean he only said a few words, that doesn't seem like that big a deal to me."

Tengen simply shook his head in response, "You don't understand, he never used to speak. I mean never. It was the most non-flashy thing in the world."

Rengoku nodded in response, "While I don't think flashiness had anything to do with it Tomioka was a very silent individual before. He only talked when master requested and ignored anything else."