Chapter Eleven

Your pov

It's been a week or two since I introduced the guys to Tet, and she's been hanging out there a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean it. She usually never steps out of her room unless she wants hot chocolate, or just needs to get out of her room. Her room is really cold, but she was sick a while back and now it's just warm, the perfect temperature for her.

She's been hanging out with Mikey the most, I could see why. They clicked almost instantly, both loved art and Mikey helped Tet with her grammar.

(An old friend of mine did do this, we don't talk anymore lmao)

She was teaching Mikey how to make coffee jelly, and while they were waiting for the jelly to be done, they were binging some movies in the kitchen on her phone.

Oh wait, it was that movie Tet liked. A silent voice, was it? It's sad according to her. She apparently can't look at fireworks the same because of that movie and some series she recently finished watching. Alice in Borderland or whatever.

I decided to go hang out with D, he info dumped me as he was working on his tech.

Angelo's pov

Tet was showing me this movie. She said it was sad, and she was right. But the happy ending made it even.

We were talking about it as we went from the kitchen to my room to draw again. She mostly drew these human-looking figures with tentacles for hair. She said they were squids and octopuses from a game called Splatoon? She said they'd bring their switch later on so I could play through the story mode.

I was excited, I learned lots of things I didn't know and they did too! Mostly how to paint with spray paints, but they said they enjoyed it.

We hung around in my room and the arcade for a while, and as we were watching another movie in the arcade I felt this pressure on my shoulder.

Oh, it was Tet, they fell asleep.

I take out my phone to take a selfie of us to send to Y/n, I'll apologize to T later. Dudette deserves her sleep.

I sent the pic to Y/n she was surprised. Does Tet not sleep at all? Like I can see the bags under her eyes but she said they've been like that for years, and that they started getting lighter recently.

Wait... She really doesn't get sleep, does she?

I literally heard Y/n run in to see if I was joking or not, blanket in their hand of course. Tet and Y/n were like siblings, they cared for each other like me and the boys did.

They quietly whispered something like 'Thanks, Mike.' I couldn't hear it very well. They handed me a blanket, took a pic of Tet, and left. Probably going back to D's lab. Were they together or something? They hang out a little too much, I'll ask D later.

I turn to Tet to have them rest against my plastron rather than my shoulder, it wasn't the best thing but it was fine.

I pulled them in for a close hug as I carefully got up, carrying them to my room. The first place I could think of, don't judge me.

I walked over to my room, pulling the covers down and over them. I also draped the blanket Y/n gave me on top.

I better go get their phone.

They had a text from someone, they had sparkles and stars for their name. Bro what kind of shit are they talking about?? The message literally said "NAURRRR."??

I put Tet's phone on the floor, and as I was going to leave I felt someone hold my hand.

Oh, Tet was half awake. It hasn't been 40 minutes, how do they manage their sleep routine jeez? She reminds me of Donnie from a few months back.

She slowly got up in a sitting position, her hand still with mine.

She said some gibberish words that I couldn't understand, it was probably her first language.

"Huh?" I whispered, trying to not alert them.

"Don't... leave..?"

I was shocked and confused. Did they think positively of me? They'd mentioned that they had trust issues earlier, as we were making coffee jelly and talking about random things about ourselves.

Nah, she wouldn't. It's been like a week.

I noticed I was staring at her wide-eyed. She muttered a small 'Sorry.' And let go.

I decided to sit down in front of them, she looked at me all confused.

My— JKJK Tet's pov

"Go back to sleep, I'll be here when you wake up."

Huh?

"Y/n said that you don't sleep a lot, so you should while you can."

HUH?

"And if you need anything, I'll be here."

HUH???

I looked at him all confused, he was sitting in a cris-cross or whatever the position is called.

I didn't know what to say.

"T... I. Thank you." I muttered, slowly getting back under his covers as he watched me.

"Is.. is it okay if you don't look at me while I'm awake? It's really awkward." I said, turning my back to him.

"Of course dudette! Tell me if you need anything." Mikey chirped as he pulled out his phone, I heard him typing but I of course didn't know who and I didn't want to bother.

...Might as well get my 12 hours of sleep.

I dozed off.

———————————————————————

This is more of a filler chapter since
1) I need character development
2) i dunno what to do w Leo and Raph
3) i need action but I can't think of some

Love you, idiots, later<3

(28/1/2023)
(972 words total)