Chapter Three

Your pov

It's been a few days since Donnie had locked himself in his lab. He still hasn't come out according to his brothers, I had to head back to my place since school exists. Horrible I know.

I hop in the shower, having readied my PJs before heading in. The water hit my back, just the temperature I liked.

I did what I usually do in the shower, taking my sweet time. As I get out, I wrap my towel around me and head to my bedroom.

I get dressed, trying to comprehend the fact that the guys managed to get a few things out of me a few days ago. The fact that I liked someone, and that it was one of them. Mikey looked so happy and worried at the same time, I wonder why. Leo looked satisfied, knowing he got an answer out of me. Raph was just sipping his tea. He loved tea, both literally and figuratively. April was begging me to spill the details but I had to tell her I would do so at our next sleepover. Did I mess up? A little bit. Do I wonder what Donatello's reaction could've been? Yes. Am I too tired? Also yes.

I climb into bed, not caring about the fact that my hair was wet, and fact that I hadn't brushed my teeth. Simply too tired. As I close my eyes I realize two things; One is that I'm too lazy to turn off the lights. Two is the fact that someone is tapping on my window very aggressively. I open my curtains to see no one other than Donatello, science boy himself. I open my window and let him in.

"What do you want? I'm tired."

"Y/n, dear, your lights are on, your hair is wet, and you probably didn't even brush your teeth. Go do those right now then ask me again."

"Ugh fine. Whatever Dadtello."

I scurried to my bathroom to brush my teeth and dry my hair as soon as I could. Running back to my bedroom.

"Okay Don, now, what do you want?"

"April told me that you had a special liking for one of us. Do you trust me enough to tell me who it is?"

"The fuck—" I get into a fake coughing fit. "No, no I do trust you enough but I wouldn't tell you outright, what the hell?"

"Right okay, I'm also here for something else."

"Spit it out already, it's late."

"Y/n it is 11:08 pm it is not late. Okay, back on topic. I was wondering if I could take a few of your garments."

"Uhhh... Sure? What kind? I'll give anything other than undergarments."

"Shirts are fine. Thank you."

"D, I'm giving you two. But why?"

"Why what?"

"D... Ugh. I meant why do you want my shirts?"

"Oh, it's for... Reasons." I looked at him, confused.

"Right, whatever. Do you want to spend the night or are you going to head back?"

"I'd like to spend the night. If that's alright with you."

"Yeah sure Don, I do have school in the morning though. So you'd either have to head back early or wait til night."

"I'd rather take the latter Y/n, thank you though. I appreciate it."

"Yeah yeah right whatever come on D I'm tired! I want to sleep."

"Can... Could we cuddle? Is that okay?"

I looked at him, trying to read his expression. He was, embarrassed? Never thought I'd see the day that he would be embarrassed.

"Yeah, sure. C'mon D," I said as I turned off the lights, jumping into my bed and getting under the covers afterward.

The turtle joined me, hugging me into his plastron.

"I have a question, I've been wondering this for a while now but... Uh.. could you pet me? Like, under my chin..?" He said as he kept his eyes closed to keep himself from seeing my reaction.

I lightly lifted my hand under his chin, grazing my nails on his skin as I slowly moved my fingers across.

I heard a low churring noise as he pulled me closer.

A few minutes later, he was asleep still holding me close.

"I don't know what made you ask for this.. Whether it be your mental state or just want, I want you to know that.. it's okay. You can rest now."

I closed my eyes and nuzzled my head closer to his plastron. Getting ready to hear my stupid alarm in the morning.

Little did you know, that someone had heard you.

Hearing my annoying alarm for the third time today, I slept through the last two times it had turned on. I shifted around, rubbing my eyes. The bed was warm, but the turtle wasn't there. I shot up, getting out of my bed to look for Don.

I smelled something burning, had he tried to cook?

"DONNIE??" I look in my kitchen, alright he's okay we are good. I repeat we are good.

"FUCK! Y/N! You scared me.."

"Sorry, Don! I thought you were going to burn my place down."

"Am I that bad of a cook?" He said, looking down.

"No! No, gods no. I just thought in a pessimistic way. It's kind of a neutral thing."

"Alright. Well, I attempted to make you some pancakes, since you liked the dude from Persona 5 that said pancakes. I don't remember his name."

(Self-insert moment *cries*)

"Who? I don't know if I've played persona 5."

"Oh.. whatever then I guess. Enjoy your pancakes, it's 5:30 am by the way."

"Thanks, man, I appreciate you. You know that?"

He turned his head, avoiding my eyes.

"Y/n.. Can you praise me? Like, tell me that you're simply proud of me, or things like that?"

I cleared my throat. "Donnie, I'm proud of you for making decent pancakes without me or Mikey around to assist you."

His eyes gleamed, and he seemed super excited.

"Thank you."

I let out a small hum, eating the pancakes he'd made me. I looked up to see him facing my coffee machine, my eyes falling on his tail. Small, but cute. I assume his tail is shorter because of the human DNA in his body and the mutation. Male soft shell turtles usually have long, thick tails, unlike Donnie. His tail was wagging, it was cute.

I got up to get ready for school, hanging out with Don til it was time for when I usually leave for school.

He shut the door locking it behind me, I hope he doesn't go through anything.

———————————————————————

Chapter 3 done!!! Last sentence might be foreshadowing hmm I wouldn't think too much about it

BUT FR WOULD DONNIE BE FTM BC HIS TAIL IS SMOL???

(24/1/2023)
(1139 words total)