Threads Of Fate

~°°°~

The clouds kept raining
In the depths of my heart
The storm raked my insides
Creating a havoc
The vision turned blurred
The happiness dulled
The joy kept slipping
The tears kept dripping
The sadness kept pricking
Shattering my heart
Ripping my soul apart
The pain escalated
The feelings overwhelmed
No way in sight
The paths laced with fright
The dimming desire almost fading
The desire for revenge
The desire to avenge

~°°°~

"Ap waqaee chalay jayen gae sir"?
Farhan who was tucking the books in the book rack asked for the umpteenth time making him raise his head from the file he was going through.

A soft sigh left his lips as he gazed back at Farhan's slouched shoulders.

The deep green orbs stayed there for a fraction of second before he turned his attention back to the file,
"Hmm".
Was all he said.

Farhan turned towards him at his lack of response who was seated behind the desk completely immersed in his work,
"I know Doctor Jahanzeb's hometown is in Karachi and he has to leave but you don't have to leave this city for him sir. Doctor Jahanzeb visits Lahore every two months once in a while. Why go through such hassle"?

A soft sigh left his lips as he let go of the file placing it on his desk before leaning back on the chair turning his attention towards Farhan who looked displeased.

The pitch black hair remained perfectly brushed back revealing his spotless forehead where a single strand fell over the perfect curve of his thick brow below which his green emerald cups stood.
He cocked his brow at Farhan,
"You think I'm planning to leave for Karachi for this reason"?

"Well, isn't it the reason? Isn't it because of Doctor Jahanzeb"?
Farhan shrugged his shoulders as if it was obvious.

A soft exhale left his lips as Rafey tapped his fingers on the arm rest,
"You don't always leave a place for someone Farhan. Sometimes, it's for the place too".

"Kiya Matlab sir"?
Farhan asked not understanding a thing, his orbs laced with visible confusion.

Rafey turned his neck gazing across the wall sized glass windows that were slid open at the moment,
"Tum jantay ho Farhan, main nay aj tak, itnay saalon main kabhi dil ki nahi suni. Isliye nahi k mujhe apnay baap ka khof tha ya dil tootnay ka, balqay is liye k kabhi bhi meray dil ki khuwahish poori hi nahi hosaki tou us k liye koshish kerna bhi beqar laga. Aj pehli bar himmat ker k dobara wo kernay ki koshish ker raha hn jo mera dil chahta hai".

He paused before turning his gaze back towards Farhan,
"I want to go back to the place that was always beloved to me, a place where I yearned to live, a place from where I was brutally taken away, a place that was always a home to me. I want to go to Karachi because of myself, I want to go to Karachi because it's my comfort home, a home I never got a chance to relish the warmth of".

Farhan kept gazing at his frame before he immediately folded his hands on his chest,
"You listened to your heart on this and mustered up the courage to go back to the place you once loved, what about the only person you sincerely adored? Muhabbet ki bazi aisay hi haar dain gae"?

Rafey's hand stretching towards the pen had halted in air.
His green orbs stayed on the file as he spoke without raising his head,
"Muhabbet ki bazi haar ker bhi jeet gaya hoon"!

Farhan's brows immediately furrowed,
"By letting that person you adored so much go? By giving up on her"?

A sigh left Rafey's lips as he pulled out the pen from the holder understanding Farhan's sarcasm so well,
"That's the beauty of love, you get familiar with the art of letting go. Because it's not your happiness that matters" -
He paused raising his head to meet Farhan's pointed gaze,
"It's the happiness of your beloved that's important".
He completed turning back towards the file dragging the pen on the page basking it in ink as his frame remained calm and composed completely opposite to the storm raking his insides.