White Roses

~°°°~

Lips stayed sealed
Eyes remained closed
Tears cascaded down
The inner fears rose
Why is it so painful?
It's churning my insides
Why am I so pitiful?
It's destroying my pride
Is it a sin to desire
For happiness and love?
Why is this life
so unbearably tough?
Wish to die, yet forced to live
Turning my already frozen heart
so dark and  stiff
Does it want to prove
I'm unworthy of love?
Or is it just a reminder
That I'm born to burn?
In the desire of revenge
In the desire to avenge

~°°°~

Tears cascaded down her cheeks as she took the phone from Bakht apa with shaky hands.
Her whole form was shivering.

"I brought Ghazala's phone making an excuse child. Here call him".
Bakht apa spoke as she patted her back who was shaking with sobs.

She looked at Bakht apa with her teary grey orbs as she shook her head,
"I-I can't a-apa".

Bakht apa sighed,
"My child. You don't have much time. Tomorrow is your mehndi and the day after tomorrow you'll be married to Malik sir's son. Have mercy on your poor soul. Please don't jump in the hell. Call him".
Bakht apa tried to convince her. She knew she didn't had much time. The housemaids could reach the servant quarter anytime looking for her.

Imsaal grabbed the wooden chair for support. Her hijab unfolded as her black hair fell on her shoulders. Her shoulders shook with sobs,
"I c-can't apa. H-how can I-I ask h-help from h-him after I I-insulted him so ba-badly that d-day saying those w-words "?

Bakht apa patted her head,
"My child, he will understand. He will respect you".

She raised her head and looked at Bakht apa with teary eyes filled with pain and helplessness.
"Will I b-be able to r-respect myself a-again after th-this apa? I---how c-can I just ask h-him to help m-me when I w-was the one w-who accused h-him of being s-selfish? Tell me apa, am I a-any different from him? Aren't I b-being selfish h-here too"?
Dupatta slipped from her shoulders hitting the wooden floor. She wasn't in her senses to realize anything. Her black hair cascaded down her waist. Few tendrils sticking to her wet cheeks. She was dressed up in plain black kameez shalwar. Her grey orbs teary. She looked broken, someone who had lost everything .

Bakht apa's heart ached at her devastated state.

"My child. I know it's very difficult for you. It's like walking in fire. But tell me one thing. Is there any other way out? Do you have any other person to rely on? Do you trust anybody as much as Waris? Don't try lie to me okay, I know. I know very well child how much you trust him. He will be the last person who'll hurt your honor. No matter how much bad of a  person he is, he'll never play with any body's honor. Imsaal, you'll have to do this. There is no other choice".
Bakht apa patted her cheek lovingly.

Few sobs left her mouth as she passed her quivering fingers through her hair,
"How will I  forgive myself for doing this? How will I  forgive myself for being so selfish? Mera Allah mujhe kaisay maaf karay ga us shaks ka dil dukhanay k liye"!
Her voice quivered as she spoke this.

Bakht apa stepped forward and hugged her,
" My child. You aren't doing anything wrong. You'll tie a pious knot with him. What's wrong in this? Koi günah nahi ker rahi tüm! Wo shaks jis ki waja say Tumhari Maa tumharay saath nahi aur baap najanay dünya k kış konay main Hai, wo shaks jis nay tumhain rond k rakh diya aur zindagi barbad kerdi Tumhari, AB bhi sırf apnay maqasid k liye istemal ker raha hai tumhain, tüm kuch ghalat nahi karo gi. Zulfikar Shah ko na tumhari perwah kal thi na aj Hai. Don't you dare think that you'll be at wrong if you defy Zulfikar Shah. Nikkah bohut anmol aur pakeeza rishta Hai aur larki ki bhi utni hi razamandi zaroori Hai jitni k larkay ki! Zulfikar Shah never cared for you yesterday nor will he care for you today. Tell me dear, do you want to marry a murderer instead"?