•|Extra Chapter 02|•

{ Eight years later }

•______________•

~ Some sufferings turn you better, some trials teach you alot, some thorny paths lead to the most beautiful places ~

•_______________•

The Fajar Azaan echoed in the eerie silence of the darkness before the dawn.
From the huge glass windows where the curtains were pulled aside on each side, twinkled the lights illuminating the city of Karachi. Karachi, also called the city of lights in Pakistan.
Across the night sky, those lights glinted and sparkled making the whole view look so breathtakingly beautiful enticing anyone watching it.
The well furnished apartment on fifth floor gave a relatively good view of the massive city. The view, looking more appealing at night.

The click sound echoed as the washroom door opened and closed behind as the footsteps echoed across the room. The lights were turned off and the room was nearly dark but the lights peeking from the window illuminated it.
The feet dripping water giving indication of the recent ablution done few minutes ago, moved on the soft plush fabric of the maroon carpet. The feet moved towards the brown prayer mat stand.
Under the light peeking from outside, the hand stretched towards the stand picking up the prayer mat and spreading it on the carpet near the wall sized glass window.
The people could be seen leaving the houses and walking towards mosques turning the streets of the city a little bustling and crowded again.

The man stood on the prayer mat and started the prayer.
Slowly, extremely calmly, he offered his prayer. His head stayed in sujoods for long. The lights from outside illuminated the white kameez shalwar he wore.
He completed his prayer and cupped his hands in supplication.
Small whispers left his lips followed by tiny whimpers as the broad muscular shoulders visibly shook.
His supplications were long. The twilight had already spread and the light blue colour had illuminated the surroundings also accentuating the few white puffy clouds that appeared gray under the blue light. The birds chirped somewhere far as the light orange and yellow colour began peeking from the horizon indicating that it was going to spread soon.

The light was now enough to brighten the whole well furnished room where the master bed with duvet properly folded aside and pillows on place glimpsed from the middle of the room, the back crown of the bed attached with the dark grey wall of the room. The other three walls and ceiling were painted a a shade of light grey. Side tables remained on either side on both of which, lamps were placed. However on one side table, a glass filled with water and a lid resting on top stayed beside a water bottle.
There was a small dark brown door leading to walk in closet and another door leading to washroom.

The other thing in the carpeted room was a small bookshelf filled with books with a small couch beside it making the sight appear a little cozy.

The orange hues spread across the horizon, now scattering in the sky illuminating the sky a shade between light blue and orange.
The light fell on the man seated on prayer mat illuminating his silhouette.

Crystal clear tears dripped down the soft tan skin of his face as the thick dark lashes quivered. Whimpers escaped the lips and the sharp handsome features molded into pain as his whole form shook slightly.
The first ray of morning sun fell on half side of his face, facing the glass window and his eyes snapped open.
Under the wet thick curl of lashes, stood his beautiful green orbs that appeared a shade lighter under sunlight, the moisture surrounding them.
He blinked twice and turned his face towards the glass window and sat there for few minutes looking at the sky outside before standing up. He placed the prayer mat back on stand and entered the washroom.
Exiting it, he walked towards the walk in closet while rubbing the towel on his damp locks that were coming in front of his eyes touching his eyebrows with every movement. The water from them dripped down the bridge of his nose dripping from its tip.