When The Storm Begins

~°°°~

Walking through the endless abyss
Suppressing all the desires
Suffering through the bitter pain
Seeing all the efforts fade in vain
And then the sense of defeat
That you can't even compete
It wasn't a battle meant to lose
How did it turn out
A war you'd lose
And not just anything
The most precious thing
It wasn't supposed to be
Yet it turned out like that
How and when?
I ask my heart
Now and then
When did I betray you?
Or was it me
Who was betrayed?
Where's the forgotten desire?
The desire of revenge
The desire to avenge

~°°°~

She took slow steps upstairs. The floor looked like it hadbeen used rarely. She herself had never seen this corridor before. It was her first time coming here.

She sighed softly. No matter how scared and nervous she was, she had to see him. She had to see him with her eyes to be relieved that he was fine.
She hoped he hadn't done anything reckless.
Hadn't harmed himself.
He had locked himself up for two whole days and three nights. Wasn't it enough now?
Why wasn't he coming out?

Her heart ached at the memory of that night . His devastated and disheveled state had emotionally effected her. She felt so helpless that she wasn't able to pull his pain away.
Why would her heart hurt at seeing him quiver in pain?
Why would her heart bother worrying for him?
Why would she pray for the welfare of her tormentor?

She had no answer to these questions. She didn't even know herself why was she so concerned about him, that even after Nudrat apa and housemaids forbid her to go upstairs in this part of the house and not to see him until he comes out himself, she just couldn't help it.

Why was that she was feeling a spiritual connection towards him?
As if some invisible strings were attached from his soul connecting it to her soul making her feel all the agony he was going through.

She didn't know why. She couldn't understand why. She didn't want to know either. She just wanted to relieve the pain in her chest. She just wanted to make sure if he was fine and not hurt.
She just wanted to sooth the burning fire in her heart.

Taking the last steps towards the chocolate brown dark and large double doors that looked too majestic, she fisted her quivering palms and closed her eyes.

She took deep breaths.

"That portion is forbidden Inaya baji. Don't even think about stepping near it. Zaviar bhai would never allow it. He hates it when anyone  approaches that corridor or even steps in it. He himself dusts that room. Nobody is allowed to enter it".

Iffat's words echoed at the back of her head.

"Don't worry, Zaviar bhai comes out once he has calmed down. He'll be out soon. Don't worry".
Sana's voice echoed this time. Her words replaying in her head.

She immediately opened her eyes.

Three nights.
The man hadbeen in this room for past three nights and two days. Still hadn't come out.
He hadn't eaten anything.
She didn't even know if he had even drank any water or if he even had some of it in there.

His condition that night. Those quivering lashes, shaking frame, crystal tears, painful sobs.

Inaya let out a shaky sigh.
She won't leave.
She'd never.

She'll face the consequences. She'll leave only after making sure he's fine.

She raised her tiny slender palm towards the silver knob.
Exhaling another shaky sigh and encouraging her scared self, she pushed it open with a twist.