Chapter One: MADMAX

——————————

One shoe, one goddamn shoe.

Jane Hopper threw every item off her closet floor and still managed to only find the right shoe for every single pair. White Nikes, Pink Vans, Red Converse, Reeboks, Black Converse, hell even her winter boots and sandals were left unpaired.

"This is awesome, so convenient since I need to leave in nine seconds." Jane huffed under her breath sarcasm dripping off every syllable as she checked under her bed for an array of left shoes. Smiling victoriously when she grabbed a handful of shoes from behind her desk, winter boots, and sandals acquired. Unfortunately, it was not weather for either of those styles.

This strange dilemma only had one answer, a quite simple one that just consisted of three words.

Jane The Younger.

"El!" The brunette yelled as she walked from her bedroom to the one directly to the left. She pushed open the door aggressively before staring at the young girl. Dressed in a grey sweatshirt Jane had bought her and a pair of the girl's old overalls. Her brown hair was naturally curly and had grown out significantly since they had met. She looked like a real and healthy thirteen-year-old girl.

"What?" Eleven spoke softly, trying to keep her eyes from pulling to the left.

"Where are my shoes?"

"What shoes?"

"The white ones, or the pink ones, or the red ones, or any of them? Come on, you know which ones, I have to leave." Jane stressed, scrunching her hair as she stood in the younger girl's bedroom. The crunching of the mousse in Jane's hair made El's eyebrow raise, the girl had only used Jane's shampoo and conditioner. That's as brave as she had gotten with her older sister's hair products.

"I don't have them," El started with a serious facade before attempting to subtly wipe the blood from her nose. Her stomach wrenched as she looked up at her older sister, Jane was familiar with her antics after taking her in ten months ago.

"Hey, none of that shit!" Jane warned, pointing at her not so sly action. Eleven could use her powers against Jim Hopper but not against Jane.

Sisters Code.

Jane shared something similar with Sara subtracting the supernatural abilities obviously. It hurt a little as she adapted to living with El, everything reminding Jane of her late baby sister. The way Eleven called for her to help with her hair or asking Jane to lay with her some nights before bed. It was almost as if Sara had possessed Eleven through mannerisms. As strange as it seemed, even Jim agreed.

It hurt Jane, it burned right to her very core just to think about the similarities. The Hopper girl didn't let it show, to her father and the young girl she was happy as could be. Some nights were worse than others once she had retreated to her dark bedroom. Though as time went on a new and different Sisters Code emerged, healing the hurt as it did so.

"Shit?" Eleven furrowed her eyebrows at the unfamiliar word as Jane's face got hot. Great, teach the kid swear words, that'll make Dad happy.

"Don't say that, it's a bad word."

"Why?"

"It just is, now where are my shoes?" The older girl pressed as she walked deeper into El's bedroom. Eleven huffed and leaned back defeatedly as three left shoes came falling from the ceiling where she had them suspended. Hanging in the air just high enough from Jane's view.

"Hey! What was that noise?" Hopper called from the kitchen, craning his head around the couch to see what his girls were up to. The light was on in Eleven's room but he couldn't see the pair of brunettes.