Heart of Darkness

Monday, March 23

Emma was takin Mary Margaret's mugshots and explaining to her that even though she believed her to be innocent, she had to follow the evidence so Regina wouldn't replace her for someone who wouldn't try to find the truth. After taking the pictures, Emma took Mary Margaret to the interrogation room where Regina was waiting. During the questioning, Mary Margaret admitted to having an affair with David but she also claimed not to have killed Kathryn. When Emma showed her the box where they had found the heart and asked if she had seen it before, Mary Margret was confused because that was her jewellery box. Emma was surprised by thins, not knowing the box belonged to her friend and told her that was where the heart was. Mary Margaret said then that the box must have been stolen and someone was framing her, to which Regina condescendingly told Mary Margaret that losing a loved one, specially how she had, could change a person, insinuating she could have hurt Kathryn.

After Regina interrupted the interrogation, Emma stepped out of the room to talk to the Mayor

"I told you to leave the questioning to me" the Sheriff said

"How do you know she didn't do it?" Regina asked, ignoring her comment "If that box was stolen from her as she claims, don't you think there'd be signs of a break-in?" she asked "Well, you're her roommate, tell me, has there been a break-in?" When Emma didn't answer, Regina continued "She is a woman who's had her heart broken and that, that can make you do unspeakable things"

"How is she?" Angie's worried voice came from the end of the corridor as she entered

"Angie, hey" Emma greeted her sister before answering her question "She's fine"

"Miss Swan" the Mayor addressed the younger twin "Your sister doesn't have time for a chat at the moment as she is in the middle of a very important case" she said

"Well, then it's a good thing I'm not here to see her, but my friend Mary Margaret" Angie quickly replied

Sensing the hostility from both women and not wanting the situation to escalate, Emma spoke "I'm afraid Regina's right" she said, shocking Angie and Regina "I am busy with the case and I can't leave you alone with a suspect" she explained

"Fine, I'll talk to you when you're done here then" Angie told her sister "Just tell Mary Margaret I stopped by" she then looked at Regina "Madam Mayor" she said, turning and leaving the station.

Without anything else to do there, Regina followed Angie's actions and left as well.

Her conversation with Regina after Mary Margaret's interrogation had Emma checking the apartment for any signs of a break-in. She was inspecting the windows when Henry and Angie came.

"Henry, Angie, what are you doing here?" Emma asked

"I said I'd talk to you when you were done at the station, and you're not at the station anymore" Angie replied

Emma looked at her son "Why aren't you in school?" she insisted

"We have to help Miss Blanchard" Henry said

"I am helping her. That's why I'm searching the apartment" the blonde explained "But you've got to go home"

"Not going to happen" Henry told her

"We'll stay out of the way" Angie promised her sister

Knowing it was the best deal she'd get out of them, Emma gave a small nod

"So, what are we looking for?" Henry asked, eager to help

"I'm trying to see if maybe someone broke in" Emma continued to check the apartment "Looking for busted door jambs, broken glass, muddy boot prints. That kind of thing"