During the curse

When the curse finally hit, it transported all the fairy-tale characters in the area to a world without magic. The curse created a town called Storybrooke in the middle of a forest area in Maine on the night of October 22, 1983.

         Pinocchio, now called August Wayne Booth, takes baby Emma and baby Evangeline to a bar close to the tree they came through and are all put in foster care.

         In Storybrooke, Owen and his father meet Regina, who tried to basically kidnap Owen, who ends up escaping, but his father doesn't. When Owen returns with the police, they are unable to enter or even see the town.

A few months after the curse, August is tempted for the first time and end up leaving baby Emma and baby Evangeline.

Three years after the curse, the twins are adopted, but the family later gives them back after having a baby of their own. Shortly after, the twins get accidentally separated in the foster system.

In 1989, Emma goes to the movies to see The Sword in the Stone and talks to Merlin.

In 1990, in Winter, Emma is living in the streets and meets young August, who inspires her to go to the police for help where she names herself Swan after the book she had been reading: The Ugly Duckling.

In 1993, Snow White, aka Mary Margaret, accidentally wakes up David, still named David, from his come and he in turn wakes her and Rumplestiltskin, aka Mr. Gold up from the curse. They try to find the twins, but Gold informs them that it's only been 10 years and convinces them to fall back in the curse. He stays awake. Around this time, Angie starts singing.

In 1995, Emma sees a kid from her home group get adopted and starts loosing hope that she will ever get adopter herself.

In 1996, Evangeline, now going by Angie, runs away from a bad foster home and ends up in Neverland for a while. When she comes back, she names herself Swan.

In 1998, Angie runs away again and meets Lilith, aka Lily. They promise to be BFF, but after learning Lily lied about being an orphan, Angie breaks off the promise.

In March, 1999, Lily causes Angie to lose her new foster family. The Apprentice tells Lily the truth. August starts looking for the twins. A month later, Ingrid becomes Angie's foster parent, and after six months, plans to adopt her but when she tries to force Angie's magic to show, Angie runs away.

In 2000, at age 16, Emma runs away from the foster system for good.

         In late 2000, at age 17, Emma meets Neal after stealing his stolen car. After a month together, Emma steals Neal's stolen watches. August finds Neal and convinces him to let Emma go, ending up with her getting arrested and sent to prison for 11 months

         Shortly after going to jail, Emma learn she's pregnant and gets the car keys to the Bug

In 2001, Ingrid uses the Apprentice scroll and appears in Storybrooke, where she takes over the ice cream shop waiting for Angie (and Emma) to come and break the curse.

         On August 15, Henry is born and Emma gives him up for adoption. Three weeks later, Regina adopted Henry

In 2004, at age 21, Angie was engaged but she found out that her fiancé was cheating on her with another man and the marriage was just for appearances because of his family so she ended the relationship.

In 2009, Angie goes to Hancock County courthouse to look at the file about her and Emma's birth barely a week before Emma goes there with Cleo. Emma later becomes a bail-bonds-person and goes looking for Angie and Cleo's daughter.

In early 2010, in Boston, Emma finally finds Cleo's daughter, as well as her red leather jacket/armour. A couple months later she finds Angie:

        Angie is sitting at home, watching a movie in the TV when she hears someone knock on the door. She goes to open it and finds a young blonde woman, around her age probably, wearing a red leather jacket and with a folder in her hands. She's standing a bit nervous at the other side of the door

"Hi. Can I help you?" she asks the blonde

"Hi, I'm looking for Evangeline Swan" is her answer

"I go by Angie. And you are?" Why would this woman be looking for me in the first place?  Angie asks herself

"My name is Emma Swan" the blonde says and holds out the folder for Angie to take "I'm your twin sister" she finishes

"What?" Angie is shocked to say the least. She grabs the folder and takes a quick look inside, reading only some bits of information "Oh my God" she whispers. She looks up at the woman, her twin sister, and immediately hugs her "Come in, come in" she says after pulling away from the hug. As they get comfortable on the couch, Angie keeps looking at the information Emma just gave her and she can't help but wonder how her sister was able to find it, so she asks "How did you find me? I've been looking for a few years now and I could never get any of this information"

"I know, I only got access to it about a year ago, when I started working as a bail-bonds-person. Before that I too had a hard time trying to find any kind of information on you or our parents" admitted Emma

"Any luck finding them?" the question was out of Angie's mouth before her brain even registered it

Emma shook her head "No, not yet. But I'm still looking"

"Well, at least you found me" said Angie

"Yeah" Emma chuckled "You know, part of the reason I became a bail-bonds-person is because when I went to the Hancock County courthouse a year ago they told me that you, well another girl about my age, came asking for the same file barely a week before me. I knew in that moment that this was my chance to finally find you. And I did" A tiny smile showed on her face

It was Angie's turn to chuckle "What are the odds, that after 23 years separated, we went to the same place almost at the same time?"

"I know, I couldn't believe it" admitted Emma "And how did we both end up living in Boston and with the same last name? I mean; what are the chances we both chose 'Swan' as our last name?" she pointed out as well

"Maybe we did it subconsciously, you know, the whole 'twins can read each other's minds'  thing" suggested Angie

"Maybe" replied Emma

         They keep talking and getting to know each other, sharing even their most hurtful stories about finding out they were being used by the people they thought loved them. A few weeks later, Angie asked Emma to move in with her. It took some time to convince her, but she finally accepted.

In late September 2011, after realizing Henry didn't turn in his family tree homework, Mary Margaret gave him a story book she found in her closet. This opened up a whole new world for Henry, and a month later, he was on his way to meet his birth mother and his aunt, ready to start the biggest adventure of his life.