Dreamy

Friday, March 20

The P.E. teacher Kathryn had bumped on the day before was driving towards the town line. He wasn't sure why, he just felt like he needed to go there. When he finally arrived he found a car crashed on the side of the road but there wasn't anyone there. Confused and worried about whoever had been driving, he called the Sheriff's Station.

At Granny's dinner, Mary Margaret was trying to get some volunteers for the candle stand for Miner's Day, but because of her involvement with David, no one paid her attention. When it was clear no one was interested, Mary Margaret left. Emma and Angie were at the dinner and when their friend left, they went after her. When they caught up with her, Emma asked "Hey, mind if we join you?"

Mary Margaret smiled and shook her head 'no'

"So, what is Miner's Day?" Angie asked

"Yeah, and why are you beating yourself up over it?" Emma added

"It's an annual holiday celebrating an old tradition" Mary Margaret explained "The Nuns used to make candles and trade them with the miners for coal"

"Coal? In Maine?" Emma questioned "If they were mining for lobster I'd understand"

"Look, I don't know" the teacher said "Now they use it was a fundraiser. It's an amazing party. Everyone loves it"

"It didn't seem like everyone loves it" Angie pointed out referring to the uncomfortable moment that had just occurred at Granny's

"It's not Miner's Day. It's me" Mary Margaret remarked "Last week, I had ten volunteers. This week they all dropped out"

"You think this is about what happened with David?" Emma asked

"Oh, I know it is" Mary Margaret replied "A few of them told me as much. I've never been a home wrecker before" she said

"Don't worry, it'll blow over eventually" Angie tried to comfort her

"You made a mistake with David. It happens" Emma tried as well "But you don't have to do charity to try to win people's hearts back" she also pointed out

"I have to do something, and this is the best I can do" Mary Margaret said "Love ruined my life"

Emma's phone rang then "Sheriff Swan" she said answering it "Yeah, I'll be right down" she replied before hanging up "Well, apparently duty calls" she told the other women "Hang in there, Mary Margaret. And it there's anything we can do to help, we will" she said before walking away

"She's right" Angie said

"I know, thank you" the teacher replied

"I don't think I can volunteer, but I'll definitely stop by later" Angie told her friend

"I'll see you later then" Mary Margaret said, leaving to prepare the stand

Leroy had been at Granny's when Mary Margaret had asked for volunteers, but hadn't been interested. Now, walking through the square were all the stands were being set up, he met Sister Astrid and got infatuated with her. Wanting to see her again, Leroy decided to sign up with Mary Margaret, promising Sister Astrid to sell all their candles so they didn't have to move from Storybrooke for not paying their rent to Mr. Gold in time.

Emma was at the town line investigating the crash when Sidney arrived, claiming to be doing some freelancing. They were going over possibilities of what could have happened when they found Kathryn's suitcases in the trunk. Sidney offered to call on of his contacts to get Kathryn's phone records for Emma, to which she agreed to, when David came. While Emma was asking some questions to David, Sidney called his contact, Regina, to get the phone records.