17. Welcome to Fairy Mountain

A.N: Miss me?

"Master? Do I have to-"

A single look form the lady dragoness got the Korean man's silence.

"Do you really think I will have my student dressing like that in public?"

Rok Soo sighed.

It had been three months, three months since his arrival into the world of 'Birth of a Hero' and two months since the crazy dragoness had bought a noble title for Rok Soo.

You heard that right, friking bought.

In the Lady Dragoness own words:

"You're body is maturing at an odd rate for a human... according to my research you might end up living longer then this mighty dragon!"

Rok Soo didn't understand why that was, but as he stared at his gloved hands, the pictures of his ever-glowing scars resurfaced in his mind.

"But if my calculations you are officially nineteen..."

"And...?"

"That is milestone for you ever death-fearing humans is it not? Go on tell this great and mighty one what you wish for."

'My slacker life.'

But he couldn't say that, knowing that ever sadistic dragon lady she'd probably make fun of him... or worse make him train more.

"A nice plot of land for my own fruit farm."

The respond got an odd look from the dragon lady, but she nodded her head before beginning to mutter things under her breath.

And that folks is how Rok Soo became the only son to the new Marchioness of Peeoli Mautin.

(Yes he named it Fairy Mountain in Korean, sue him)

It was an awkward 2 months, the locals were very distrustful of the new nobles in charge of their territory.

It was a beautiful territory that obviously wasn't used correctly.

The mountains surrounding the valley fooled people into thinking that mining was the sole source that could come from the place.

Many nobles would be disappointed to find that the only good resource was coal and that it would cost more to mine it then the money gained from selling it.

Kim Rok Soo could only curse the stupidity of some nobility.

They missed the most obvious resource!

The valley itself, specifically the beautiful arable soil.

Kim Rok Soo found himself obsoletely exhausted when he realized he was the one that had to take responsibility for the entirety of the territory.

"What you asked for the present, you better take responsibility for it."

'Why is she acting like she gifted me a dog... not an entire mini-state?'

"Why are you acting like they're different?"

Rok Soo forgot she could read thoughts.

'Because they are?!'

"Well as the student of the great and mighty, you must hold yourself to a higher standard."

...

Kim Rok Soo was mentally cursing himself.

At least thanks to the endless resource that was a dragon Kim Rok Soo had no need to worry about budget.

Instead he needed to worry about the state of the people.

Which by the was horrible.

Crumbling buildings, homelessness, starvation, illiteracy, mental health... the whole package was messy.