7. I hate you and you do too.

A.N: Enjoy. 

The man was truly interesting... the God could feel his own aura wrap around him like blanket, not in away that signified death itself but in a way that showed a true understanding of Eternal rest.

But it also shows that the man had a close relation with death, which in itself was very concerning about the man's mental health. It is not a good thing for a young person like him to have a good relation to the ending of life.

The reason for that was because only loyal followers of the God of Death had this relation.... and since God of Death had not once seen this boy in one of his temples scream of another connection, the suicidal kind.

This boy did not care one bit for his own health, and from the looks of it death seemed like a welcome idea toward him.

He could tell by the way his eyes dulled and looked at everything in a cautioned gaze, his eyes were filled with a calm, calculated look that showed nothing but pain and distrust toward its surrounding.

This boy had seen many things and death was definitely one of them.

So as the God gently stared at the small glowing soul form of the scarlet-haired male he couldn't help but feel a kinship with the him. Slowly he grabbed the male's arm not wishing to wake the mentally fragile red-head. 

There it was, the source of his own aura.

The God of Death instantly recognized the mark in the boy's wrist. It was mark the God of Eternal Rest gave to his closest allies, a mark that made them equals. It was rare for a God to give a regular mortal such a mark, mostly because it directly linked the person to the God and could catch the attention of other gods. Gods didn't like to share and having the attention of the other Gods on a mortal the certain god had marked usually led to trouble. 

But God Of Death didn't mark people as a sign of 'Back of the mortal is my property' he marked someone he usually treated as his own child. Which was even more dangerous, especially since GoD was ten times more petty and jealous than other all the gods and it was rare for him to take interest in anyone much less a mortal. 

So as he gently tried to remove the mark... sucking up the energy away from him. If GoD had taken interesting last thing he wanted was for his safety to be comprised, and yet it didn't work if anything the mark was sucking up his energy! The God panicked as the mark glowed darker and spread out like some kind of plague.

"Why hello there." 

The God nearly choked as he found himself staring... at well himself.

It was a message of sorts, this version of him was temporary, a small slice of his consciousness.  

'Splices'

That's what GoD liked to call them.

He knew this was himself because this power solely belonged to the God of Death.

The Splice looked at Cale with a look that could only be described as adoration.

"I knew you'd try to remove the mark. I must thank you for your energy but since were both the same person I doubt you need it." The Splice spoke as it ran his hands through the mortal's hair tenderly and lovingly.

"I see... who is this mortal to us?" Asked God of Death glaring coldly at his Splice.

What? It was made clear the God of Eternal rest was one of the most Petty and Jealous when it came to the things he considered precious.

The Splice blinked.

"Damn not even a few seconds and already this possessive? Well he is our only child." The Splice answered not quite paying attention toward his other self.