13. A smile that reaches your eyes

A.N: Enjoy.

Cale ignored the looks of horror as he basically insulted the current king.

However Alberu was not in the mood for a trial on treason and defamation, so naturally he spoke up.

"So young master Cale prefers to go by his mothers' maiden name, but that still leaves this prince wondering where the name Obitus came from.." Alberu smiled.

Red-head simply matched Alberu's smile with little to no effort.

"I apologize to the Future Sun of Roan Kingdom... but I would like to keep atleast a small part of my life in private even after my interrogation." Cale stated.

The room grew tense.

"What? Do you really consider me dull enough to not have common sense? The royal family wouldn't leave a person with unchecked power without knowing where their loyalty lies."

Alberu sighed.

"I must with a heavy heart question you in such a position..."

At this point everyone else in the room had been forgotten.

"Well then this lowly noble will do his best to answer the Crown Prince's questions."

Alberu nodded his head.

"Young Master Cale, when did you gain your Ice Abilities?"

"My 'Ice abilities' is a 3-part Ice Ancient Power known as the 'Legacy of the Hail Storms of Winter'."

Prince Alberu noted that down.

'A 3-part Ancient Power, those are the Ancient Powers too strong to be all absorbed at once. How is he still alive? It would take atleast a decade for the body of a normal human to adjust to the strain of having a multi-part power.'

"Where did you gain this Ancient Power?"

The red head continued smiling.

"I discovered it being held in Henituse Library, and fulfilled the accomplishments needed to claim the power."

Alberu's eye narrowed.

"What sorts of accomplishments?"

Cale's expression soured slightly, and Alberu realized he might of hit a soft spot.

"No comment."

"When you relinquished the Henituse name did you cut all ties with the Count's family?"

Cale didn't miss a beat.

"I cut ties with them at the age of ten."

At those words Basen and Deruth froze.

"Is that so?"

Cale nodded his head.

"There is no point in being a part of a Family that I'm certainly not belonging of. As far as I'm concerned I overstayed my welcome the minute the Count remarried."

Deruth's face was filled with much regret and Basen was not much better.

"So you hold claim to the Barony of the Thames?"

"No, King Zed knows well which title of Thames I hold."

At that statement everyone in the room turned toward the King.

Said King completely ignored everyone and focused solely on the heir of the Thames.

"I'm assuming you would like your assets back?"

Cale stared calmly.

"It's only natural I would like to claim the weapon I have been trained to use since birth."