Diagon Alley

Jasmine's POV

I'm relaxing in my room with my Cocker Spaniel. Dad wanted me to get an owl. However I wanted a cat, but mum is allergic to them. So I got a small dog instead. I named her Lady after Lady from Lady and the Tramp. She loves to play fetch and is very smart. She also loves grooming time. In fact I'm brushing her right now.

"Jasmine, your father's here!" mum calls from downstairs. I smile brightly putting the brush down. I run downstairs and hug my father. He doesn't live with us as he is not with mum. We used to live together, but they broke up when I was one. Besides they work better as friends. I do usually spend weekends with him. Or stay with him when mum goes on a business trip.

"Hi father, how are you?" I ask him.

"I am fine" he says patting my head. I pull away as Lady sits beside me. "Anyway Narcissa has invited you over for Draco's birthday next Wednesday. I also have your Hogwarts letter" he states handing it to me. I smile, my dad is the Potions Master at Hogwarts. He's taught me a lot about potions and DADA. While mum has taught me Charms and Transfiguration.

I open the letter. "Dear Miss Snape, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witch-craft and Wizardry. Please read the enclosed list of all your required equipment" I read out loud. "Ps, Severus has informed us of Lady and I pleased to say she is welcome to come with you to Hogwarts. In place of an owl, cat or toad. Yours Sincerely Deputy Headmistress Minerva McGonagall" I read.

"I got you carrier for her already" mum tells me.

"Thanks mum, when can I go get my wand?" I ask them.

"Now, I am taking you to Diagon Alley now. While you mother goes to her meeting" dad tells me. I nod my head and go grab my cloak putting my shoes on. I make a treat ball for Lady and leave her in my room. "Ready?" he asks and I nod my head.

"So Gringotts first?" I ask him.

"No, first we must collect a muggle born and her parents" he tells me. I start to bounce excitedly. I don't really have any female friends my age. The only kid I usually see my age if Draco and his friends. Which is mostly boys. Only time I see his female friends is at his birthday or pure-blood parties. Honestly I don't see the difference between us and muggle borns. Not that I'd ever say that around Draco or his parents. They are pro pure blood.

Anyway I grab dad's right arm and he disapparates. We reappear in a suburban area and he walks to a house to out left. He knocks on the door and a young woman answers it. "Mrs Granger?" he asks.

"Yes, you must be Professor Snape" she says.

"Indeed" he says.

"Professor McGonagall said you'd come today. I'm afraid my husband won't be joining us. There was an emergency at the practice" she tells him.

"Very well, where is your daughter?" dad asks her.

"Hermione, Professor Snape is here!" she calls.

"Coming mum!" a girl shouts back. Soon a bushy haired girl with slightly bucked teeth runs down the stairs. "Hi, I'm Hermione Granger. An honour to meet you sir" she says looking up at my dad.

"Hey, I'm Jasmine he's daughter. I can't wait to tell you all about Hogwarts" I tell her.

"I look forward to it" she says smiling. We get into her mum's car and she drives us to the Leaky Cauldron. Follow my dad's directions. She parks and we go inside.

"Ah Severus, the usual I presume?" Tom the bar owner asks.

"Not today, I am on Hogwarts and father business" dad says gesturing to us. He then heads to the back of the bar. We go into an empty room and he taps the brick wall four times with his wand. Diagon Alley is revealed. Hermione and her mother look at it is awe.

"Come on, we have to go to Gringotts" I say tugging on Hermione's hand. We follow dad through the crowd to the bank. He gives me our vault key and tells me to take Hermione. While he helped her mother exchange muggle money for wizarding money. I go over to the front desk. "Jasmine Snape, I wish to make a withdrawal" I tell the goblin showing him my key.

"Where is your father Miss Snape?" he asks me.

"Helping a muggle born's mother exchange money" I tell him.

"Very well, Grimlock" he says and another goblin appears. "Escort Miss Snape and her friend to her vault" he tells him. Grimlock nods his head and leads us to the train cart.

"I'd hold on tight Hermione" I tell her once we're strapped in. She nods her head and grips the bar tight. We shot off like a hippogriff. We soon arrive at my dad's vault and I make a withdrawal. We return to the surface and meet our parents. Dad takes us to Madame Malkins first to have ourselves measured for our school robes. We then go collect our school supplies. Before heading to Ollivander's to get our wands.

I go first as Hermione is a little nervous. A tape measures my wand arm while Mr Ollivander starts to collect a few wands for me to try. I tried a vine wood wand with a unicorn hair core first. But destroy the glass vase behind his desk. He repairs it and hands me an elm wand with a dragon heart string core.

This time when I wave it some of the draws shot out of the selves. "Sorry" I say sheepishly.

"No matter, it happens all the time" he assures me. "Why your father went through half a dozen wands before he found his match" he tells me. Dad glares at him. "Perhaps this" Ollivander says handing me a Chestnut wand. A warmth fills me as the wand glows brightly. "You've found your wand dear. Chestnut with a phoenix feather core, 10 and 1/4 inches" he tells me. I smile and pay for it.

Hermione then tries three wands with no luck. But the fourth try was a success. She got a 10 3/4 inch vine wand with dragon heart-string core. "Will you be getting a pet?" dad asks her mother.

"Oh no, not for a couple of years" Mrs Granger tells him.

"Then lets return you to your car" dad tells her. We escort them back to her car. Hermione puts her new purchases in the trunk. "We will go home by magic, we will collect you at 10:30 on September 1st" he tells her.

"Of course and thank you for all the help today" she tells him. Hermione and I hug each other good bye. Before she hops into the car and her mother drives off. Dad takes me home.

"I shall collect you at three for Draco's party on Wednesday. I already got him a gift from us" dad tells me. I nod my head. "Rules?" he asks me.

"Keep doors and windows locked at all times. No goings outside or cooking while mum is gone. Don't let anyone in or talk to anyone" I recite.

"Good, your mother should be back in a few hours" he tells me. "Until then read your new books" he adds and leaves. I sigh and go to the lounge room. I sit on the couch and Lady hops onto my lap. I start to read my new Herbology book while I wait for my mother to return home.

A/N

Picture above of Jasmine and picture on the external link of Lady.