Part 2, Chapter 18: Return + Announcement

The Next Day:

Home-

Seraphina's Place:

-----------------------------------

Seraphina arrived home from the airport the next morning. She was picked up and brought back to her childhood home.

Throughout her ride there, scenarios plagued her mind about what diabolical plot her mother could have come up with now that she had leverage. Yet, a part of her wished that that was not the case. A part of her maybe even wished that her family could once again be whole.

That however, was not the case.

Peering out the window of the car, Seraphina laid eyes upon the house of horrors. Taking notice of her mother in an upstairs window, staring down at the car, eyes piercing the vehicle.

Although Seraphina was stronger than her mother, she did not know how much she really knew about her recent endeavors. As a result, going in John style, was not an option.

Simultaneously as Seraphina opened her own backseat door, Fyora opened the front door to her house.

'As expected...' Seraphina thought. 'They were waiting upon my arrival.'

Seraphina stood stoically, dotting her eyes from the door to the window where her mother, who now had her eyes glued on her, was.

"Let's get this over with..." Seraphina muttered under her breath, now walking towards the open door.

As Seraphina approached and entered the house, she felt nothing but nostalgia, underlying anxiety, and anger. A house of pain was almost an understatement to describe this place.

Yet, here she was again.

Back.

Because her mother had once again played a card from her hand that she was not ready for.

And this time it was because of her carelessness.

Hearing the familiar clacks of heals against the floor, Seraphina diverted her attention to the stairwell where her mother was making her way down to them.

'Here we go...' Seraphina thought to herself.

Her mother was now standing in front of her, straight-faced, as usual.

"Seraphina," Narisa began.

 "..." Seraphina stood silent, not wishing to speak as she did not want to give her mother any room to pick her apart.

"I called in a favor to find you after I called the Headmaster at your school," she continued.

"I kno-" Seraphina began before she was silenced with the motion of her mothers finger to let her continue.

'She knows something,' Seraphina realized at this.

"You must be thinking I called in a favor with someone in a high-up position..." Narisa started. "But that is not the case."

This piqued Seraphina's interest.

"I called your sister," said Narisa.

Seraphina's heart dropped and her eyes widened.

'WHAT?!' Seraphina internally screamed.

"Now, I know you probably realize that our relationship is not good, and by no means is it better..." Narisa continued. "But you must understand my urgency to know your whereabouts after my call to the Headmaster."

Now it was Seraphina's turn.

"What?! So, now you suddenly care about me?!" Seraphina demanded to know. "Or, did you finally realize how much your messed up between the both of us?!"