Part 2, Chapter 2: Wake to Reality

Wellston Private High School:

John's Room, 10:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------

Waking to streaks of light coming through the windows, John picked his head up from a soft surface. Pushing himself up, he realized just what that surface was...

'Shit... I forgot about that' John thought. 'I need to get her up.'

John began to shake Seraphina awake, but she was not reacting at all to his attempts. John reasoned that she must have hit her head quite hard and was actually probably getting the sleep she needed anyway from her ability returning.

'I should just move her to the bed and let her rest' John decided.

Picking her up, John brought Seraphina to his bedroom and laid her down, pulling the covers over her, and leaving her to rest.

'Well since she interrupted me last night I didn't get to book my flight' John thought. 'After I eat I should visit the headmaster and get his permission to leave.'

John did just that, fixing himself something quick to eat, and preparing himself to head out. Eventually he would need to stop by and see Doc, providing he was still here, and get some real healing, but he could do that after his conversation with Vaughn.

Getting up to leave, John walked over his busted down door and just shook his head.

'What am I going to do about this' He thought to himself.

Knowing he had none of the necessary tools to fix damage like this, John simply picked it up and leaned it against the frame so it appeared closed, although anyone could tell it wasn't upon closer inspection.

'Not my problem right now' John concluded, walking off to the exit.

John made his brisk morning walk to the office building, hoping that Vaughn wouldn't be busy at the moment. When he arrived at the entrance, John opened and entered through the front, something he wasn't used to doing after the past few nights he's had.

Arriving at Vaughn's door, John knocked, and heard the headmaster call for him to enter from inside. John did so, and he was greeted by not only the green-bearded principal himself, but also a man with prominent white hair and eyes similar to John's in a black suit.

'Who the hell is this' John thought after he noticed.

"Ah, John! I was just about to send for you, I'd you to meet this man here" Vaughn announced.

"..." John met them with silent observation, not knowing who this man was or what he could want.

It was reasonable for John to be on high alert with the previous encounters he's had. The last time someone was 'introduced' to him they ended up pummeling everyone in their vicinity.

The man approached John.

"How have you been, John" he asked.

Thinking about his current situation and all the progress that has been made between himself and everyone else, John answered.

"Better now" John replied.

"Oh?" This piqued the mans interest. "That's good to hear."

Still on guard, John decided to quit the small talk and get straight to the point.

"Is there something you need from me, I know you didn't come here to ask me how I was" John exposed.

"I would have said the same thing... I have nothing more to ask you, I just wanted to see you" the man replied.