Part 2, Chapter 1: Split

Approaching Wellston:

The Van, Night

---------------------------------------------

Seraphina was sitting next to John in the back of the van, she could tell he wasn't taking the loss very well. Elaine was crawling around and attempting to heal the wounded Royals, but she was only one person and the damage was great, so naturally she was having a hard time. 

The scene was nothing short of demoralizing, not only had the monarchs of Wellston been obliterated, but even John had been outclassed by the unknown fighter. He was unmasked against his will, outsmarted, and for the first time since he originally challenged Zirian, he felt weak

The only person who might even remotely be able to relate to him was Arlo, the former king himself, who John publicly embarrassed in a similar style to his own recent defeat.

"John, how are you feeling you haven't healed yourself in awhile" Seraphina asked.

"I'm fine" John said with little emotion, continuing to stare at the blood splattered wall in front of him.

Seraphina looked at him.

"We're gonna figure this out, you know" she said.

Not having a response, and not caring enough to think of one, John just held the same blank expression. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back, wanting nothing more than to simply drift off and escape the reality he was currently living.

Seraphina noticed this, and decided to leave him be for now. Even though she hadn't seen what happened to everyone, she was not blind to the results. The woman who they fought was no joke and she would find out from her sister exactly who she was when they returned, after all, it was not everyday that someone stared Seraphina down and told her off.

'Just what happened out there...' She thought.

Not long after, she felt the van come to a stop and heard Doc call out, letting them know they arrived back at the school. He opened the rear doors and saw how nobody was getting up on their own, prompting him to leave to get stretchers. Thankfully it was well after hours and nobody was around to see the beaten bodies of the strongest kids in the school.

Returning with a stretcher, Doc recruited Seraphina, the only able-bodied person left aside from Elaine, to help him carry everyone to the infirmary. After a few trips, John was the last one they needed to get, but when Seraphina and Doc returned to the van, having left Elaine to heal the others in the infirmary, he was nowhere to be found.

"Where did he go!" Seraphina asked, concerned.

"Let him go..." Said Doc. "He needs time to process this, Elaine and I saw everything that happened."

"But he needs help! He needs someone to lean on right now!" Seraphina insisted.

"Maybe... Or maybe you'll just be the one he lashes out at instead?" Doc explained.

"But-" Seraphina was ignored.

"Seraphina... There is more to John than what was in his files from New Bostin. Besides, how would you feel if you were beat down at your best?" Doc asked. "Because believe me, it's not his first time..."

Doc began to walk off, leaving Seraphina to herself as he entered the school. Doc had more important things to take care of right now, John knew himself best, and sometimes that's the best medicine one can take.

Although she did not want to comply, Seraphina had no real option, not to mention she also wanted to interrogate her sister. Following after Doc, Seraphina looked back once more in the direction she believed John went, deciding to trust him.