Part 2, Chapter 5: Sight

New Bostin:

Park, 6:30 PM

---------------------------------------

Adrion and Claire were forcibly blown back by the activation of John's abilities. Even though most of the powers they had found off the street goers were only that of Mid-tiers, he was bringing them to a whole other level.

John turned around to see both of his friends nowhere near him after the energy release, rather they were laying on the ground barely holding on to their positions.

"Well, that was crazy!" John laughed at the sight.

"Yeah, it was" Claire responded unamused, having been on the receiving end.

"Jeez, John! When you told us you could 'hardly' manage five abilities, were you lying to us?" Adrion asked, baffled.

"I did! In my last fight I could feel the energy draining from me after I acquired the fifth ability... But now, Claire has done it once again with her methods" John began. "I feel normal, I don't fell strained."

"Good, looks like the training worked... You've made even faster progress now than you did when we first learned about your ability" Claire noticed.

"Classic Claire working her black magic on John" Adrion laughed.

This earned him quite the glare from Claire.

"I had a reason to last time, but this now I don't have time for trail and error" John answered.

"Do you still plan on going to that dinner?" Adrion asked.

"Depends on how well the training goes for the next few days... I bet they can come up with a replacement if not. Actually, Blyke kinda resembles me anyway" John thought aloud.

"I'd say the next thing I need to work on is mental abilities... Some of the greater powers out there require both attributes to use, and I still have no idea what to do with the mind" John brought up.

That's when Claire had an idea.

"Last time I had a vision of you, John, I was able to somewhat remain conscious while I was going through it, maybe you could attempt to copy mine while I hold it up... Speaking of which, have you come across a man with white hair by any chance recently?" She asked.

John widened his eyes at her last question, remembering that he had just met this person recently.

"Yeah, I have. Just before I left Wellston I encountered a man with white hair" John began. "He was talking with the headmaster too."

"What was your encounter like?" Adrion asked.

"It was brief, but it was like he was testing how I would react to certain things... Every time I did something, he told me he would have 'done the same'" John replied.

Claire, Adrion, and John had been facing each other while they were talking, closely in a group. None of them noticed that a particular, suited man, had walked up to them, standing only a few feet away.

"And do you know why, I did that?" The unknown figure asked.

Catching all of their attentions, the trio looked in the direction of where the voice came from. Standing tall, the white-haired man who they were talking about had sneaked up on them without any of them noticing. More than surprised, and now threatened, John spoke up.

"Who the hell are you, and why are you following me!" John demanded an answer.

"I do believe I asked you a question, to ask one back is disrespectful!" The man quickly answered.