Part 2, Chapter 7: Sides

Wellston City:

Across the Street, Right After the Meeting

-------------------------------------

Seraphina and John left the restaurant and crossed the street to meet with the Royals who were watching from afar. They entered the café, catching the eyes of many as their attire did not fit the scene with John dressed in a full suit and Seraphina in an elegant dress.

This caught the attention of Isen who had already prepared a comment while watching them cross the street.

"Wow! You two look like you just walked down the aisle, where was my invite?" Isen laughed.

This earned him a smack to the back of his head from Remi, but also subtle giggles from Blyke.

"Thanks, Remi... Couldn't have said it better myself" John said slightly annoyed.

Arlo, ignoring the jokes, got straight to the point and questioned John on his sudden entrance.

"John, we did not expect to see you here... Care to explain?" Arlo asked.

"I got back early, decided to make an appearance as I thought something like this would happen" John gestured towards Blyke.

"I told them I DON'T look like you AT ALL! You see right, John?" Blyke asked, practically begging.

"I don't know, Blyke... You seemed to have even Ella fooled and she saw my face" John laughed.

"Ah, geez, not you too!" Blyke threw his hands in the air.

"Who is this 'Ella'" Arlo asked.

"She is the woman who beat us down at our last fight, the blonde" John described.

"That's true, my sister explained to me in the infirmary how powerful she is... She explained to us her prior involvement with the authorities too" Seraphina added.

"The authorities" Remi questioned.

"Yes, the authorities" John began. "Since she is so powerful she worked for them, but recently defected to join Spectre. We don't have any specifics..."

"So what did they want" Arlo continued.

"They want us to 'help' them dismantle the authorities" Seraphina answered.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

Jaws hit the floor with only silence to follow after Seraphina revealed this.

"You must be crazy" Isen chimed in.

"First" John began. "You already know the answer to that." "Second, we never said anything about agreeing."

"Go on" Arlo pushed.

"It's a group decision" said Seraphina. "We are not going to drag anyone in that does not want to fight."

"This is insane" Isen exclaimed.

"I agree" John spoke up.

This surprised everyone. John had never openly agreed to anything a Royal suggested or said ever unless their name was Seraphina.

"What..." Blyke stood shocked.

Arlo was in surprised silence.

John did not forget what he saw in his vision while working with Claire and his supposed relative. He was not as apprehensive to fighting as he was to fight with the Royals, and not for the reason you would think...