Part 2, Chapter 12: Enemy of My Enemy

Wellston Private High School:

Boys Dorm, John's Room

---------------------------------------------------

John arrived back at his room, angered beyond belief. Although it was rightful that he was replaced back into his actual age group, he was losing time at Wellston, rapidly. He was losing his regained time with her. Not to mention, he had absolutely no plans for after high school.

'What a shit show... Damn the Authorities!' John thought to himself.

That's when John heard a knock at his door.

'Jeez, who could need me now...' John groaned to himself as he made his way to the door.

Opening the door, John was met with his red-haired roommate.

"Oh? Here to gloat, victoriously?" John remarked, sarcastically.

Blyke promptly gave John the finger.

"No, asshole, I'm here to ask if you were coming with us tomorrow to train with Spectre" Blyke asked.

John thought for a moment before responding.

"I don't know right now... Maybe you should cover for me again" John laughed.

"Never again" Blyke deadpanned.

"Oh, c'mon! I'm not that bad!" John defended himself. "Besides, you've only gotta deal with me for the rest of this year anyway..."

"What..." Blyke was stunned. "What do you mean, 'rest of this year?"

"You don't know?!" John was surprised. "I was just told by Vaughn that I am being forced back into my actual grade... And he is making me retake the crown..."

"That's right... I remember from your transcript that you are really in Arlo's grade, not ours... WAIT!" Blyke realized.

"Yeah, I know" John cut in. "He wants me to become king again so the Authorities don't have another reason to question our nontraditional hierarchy... I do not want this, Blyke."

"I know" Blyke was steadfast. "I know you don't want it... I just somewhat feel bad that it has been forced on you."

John raised his eyebrows at this.

"Oh? You feel bad for me?!" John was shocked.

"SOMEWHAT!" Blyke covered.

"Somewhat is still something!" John passed him in the doorway to enter the main room.

"Ugh! Whatever, man! Are you coming tomorrow or not?" Blyke asked, again.

"I meant what I said earlier, I don't know yet" John responded. "My world just sped up, I need to figure some things out first."

"Fine, suit yourself!" Blyke left the room.

---------------------------------------------------

The Next Day:

School Entrance

---------------------------------------------------

The Royals, plus Seraphina, were gathered at the entrance to the school and were waiting for Arlo to pull the van around to pick them up. Seraphina went to Blyke to ask him a question.

"Are you sure John couldn't come?" Seraphina asked Blyke.

"Yeah, he said he needed to 'figure some things out'" Blyke responded. "I asked him twice and he answered me the same way both times."