Part 2, Chapter 4: Choices

New Bostin:

Airport, 2:35 PM

-----------------------------------------

John had caught both Adrion and Claire off guard with his unexpected thanks.

"Oh! No problem, John. Anytime" said Adrion, grateful to hear his appreciation.

Claire remained silent, not sure if she should acknowledge John. Deep down she wanted to start over with him, but she had coldly turned him away last time he was here. She was conflicted, not sure if she should re-enter his life, or remain separated, but then again she came to his rescue not too long ago.

If Adrion was willing to try again, and if what he told her was true about John helping him, then maybe she should at least answer...

"It was a one time thing" Claire replied.

'Jeez, I can't even be nice if I want to...' she thought immediately after.

Adrion put on an awkward smile after he heard her response. John was not going to give up easily however.

"Claire, I know you still don't want anything to do with me, but I want you to know I do appreciate what you did" John began. "You saved my ass once again, just like you did when we first met."

"You've always been there, it just took me awhile to realize it" John ended.

*Sigh*

"Just as pushy as always" Claire sighed, giving up. "It's nice to hear that from you, John."

John extended his hand to Claire, hoping she would take it to signal their moving on, but Claire had another idea. Pushing John's hand aside, giving him a brief heart attack, she went in for a small hug, surprising him.

Not knowing what to do, John looked to Adrion with his arms in the air. All Adrion did was smile and shake his head and before he could speak, Claire did for him.

"John, are you dense?" She asked.

John quickly embraced her back, and they soon broke after.

"I don't know what she sees in you, honestly" Claire let off a light laugh.

"Oh come on, he's not that ba- Never mind" Adrion began and promptly stopped defending John.

"You guys haven't changed at all" John laughed.

Claire and Adrion both let off a smile at his laugh, something neither of them had seen in a long time.

"So, why are you back" Claire asked.

John straightened up.

"We need to train" he answered.

-----------------------------------

Wellston Private High School:

Arlo's Apartment, 6:00 PM

-----------------------------------

The Royals, Doc, and Leilah had all gathered at Arlo's apartment for a meeting on what their next move should be after receiving the recent texts. However, everyone aside from Seraphina did not know John had left. Arlo was the first to notice.

"Where is the devil? I noticed a lack of anger in the room" said Arlo.

"Good point, where did Satan go?" Blyke added.

"Guys, don't you think you should be a little nicer" Remi questioned them.

"Yeah, what if he is here, listening to everything!" Said Isen.