For years, Aidan and Diana have been trying to find an opportunity to meet each other in person. Finally, they did meet, but they didn't expect it would be right before an apocalypse. Although it wasn't because Diana wanted to meet Aidan that she decided to go to Malaysia. Even though she had the intention to meet him sometime in the future, she had come earlier, way earlier than expected...

It has been a week since they got shelter with the others at the underground base of the Malaysian military. "You alright, babe?" Aidan asked as leaned against the bathroom, looking at Diana kneeling at the bathroom toilet bowl, vomiting. They have yet to declare they were dating after their spicy bathroom session but they called each other 'babe' anyway.
"I... am... fine..." Diana said before vomiting a little more. She has been feeling like that for a week now, it has been worrying Aidan. They couldn't find out why she has been feeling like that these past few days.

"Rollcall starts soon, let's get ready," Aidan said as he held Diana up to the sink to clean herself up. As Diana cleaned herself, Aidan thought back to the story Diana told him about her escapade, she looked like a completely different person here, Aidan thought.
As Diana got out of the bathroom, Aidan decided to ask, "Actually, what do you think is our relationship status?"
Diana wiped her face with a piece of towel and she replied with a shrug and said, "Lovers maybe? Friends with benefits?" Even Diana was uncertain about their relationship status.
"We'll see about it, we must go now, the commander has something important to tell us all at rollcall." 

They walked along the hallway slowly, Diana's vision was shaky, it is something you expect to see after a terrible afternoon nap. They all sat at the cafeteria tables in the hall, on the wall in front of them was a projected map image of Putrajaya. Every soldier looked at the projection with mixed feelings of curiosity, excitement and fear as their attention was brought to the projected image. 

Firdaus stood up in front of the projected image, dressed like a military commander.
"Today will be our last day together here. For one last push, we shall attack..." he paused to let the projected image zoom in on Putrajaya to show a 3D model of the Malaysian Prime Minister's office, "... the Perdana Putra." he continued, "Over country has been overthrown by these communist rebels who now reside in the Prime Minister's office."
"Why are we doing this?" one of the officers raised his hand to ask, "We should be trying to eliminate zombies instead!"
Firdaus didn't look surprised at that question and said, "There is no hope left, the zombies spread and the number of zombies will overwhelm us no matter how hard we try, we will die anyway! Well, if you were to die for your country, would you want to die for the country under a communist rule or what it once was? A country that we lived our whole life through!"

The officer lowered his hands. Aidan saw that he whispered something under his breath. Everyone was divided into four divisions. Aidan and Diana were lucky to be on the same division. Felicia and June were in another division. Each division will attack from the respective sides of the office. Each division leader was handed a large bag of bombs.
"I would like to say that no suicide bombings will happen," said Firdaus, "We just want to destroy the building to eliminate the communist once and for all. But if there is no choice, I'd say at least you died for your country. Understand?"

"Understood, sir!" the whole hall shouted. Division by division, they were led to the exit. Along the way, they were handed a bulletproof vest, gun holster that holds a pistol and a pocket knife then finally an assault rifle. Aidan and Diana were in the 4th division which would start the siege form the back of the Prime Minister's Office. Division 1 will start the siege from the entrance, division 2 and 3 will begin from the left and right respectively.

Soon enough, they got onto their respective military trucks. Aidan sat across from Diana in the truck, the other soldiers and officers were chatting like it is their last.
"It is alright, Aidan, don't need to be scared," Diana said as she pat his shoulder, she must've noticed Aidan uneasy look. Why was he feeling this way? Even Aidan himself couldn't understand. He has always felt scared but this time the feeling was intense. Maybe the fear of death has caught up with him. Zombies aren't scared of death, they don't mind getting run over by vehicles like right now, Aidan thought, maybe I should be a zombie, and he chuckled at that joking thought.