Aidan and Diana chuckled as they left their room, dressed in normal plain clothes with long pants, fully dark blue, all provided by the police. Felicia and June also wore the same outfit. They noticed both Aidan and Diana were red and flustered.
"You both look so red, what happened?" Felicia asked.
"They probably did it," June whispered back at Felicia followed by a chuckle from the two of them.

They walked along the corridor, sturdy walls and metal stands held up the structure from collapsing. They walked passed a few soldiers, all rather muscular which intimidated a few of them along the way. They reached the main hall which had tables set up. On the table were bowls of porridge, a banana, an apple and biscuits along with meat. The room was brightly lit. Same for them, their eyes lit up at the sight of food.

Despite that, they politely sat at the cafeteria-style long metal table, similar to the ones of the ones in prison. They were joined by other soldiers and officers at the table. June, Felicia and Aidan were talking with the officers around them in Malay. Diana meanwhile, was sitting alone, unable to talk to anyone. An officer, somewhat well-built, came up to Diana and talked to her in English,  although broken English.

Diana was slightly uncomfortable as he stood rather close to her. Aidan immediately stood put a hand between them and said, "Dia dengan saya." sternly. The officer responded with a glare, looking like he was about to fight but he scoffed and left.
"Th-thanks," Diana said.
Aidan smiled and decided to talk to Diana.

"Why did you kill Chris?" Diana asked, her tone turning cold.
Aidan looked away in guilt. 
"Well, this is a dumb thought to say," he said, "But I managed to travel to alternate universes." Diana perked up. Aidan decided to tell a full story of what he saw and experienced there. Diana blushed when Aidan mentioned them being together in that alternate timeline.

"But what does this have to do with killing Chris?" Diana asked. 
Aidan blushed once more, but he decided to come clean, "Well, thinking how things were in that timeline, I thought it was fate..." and he looked away embarrassed.
Seeing where it was going, Diana decided to press on, attempting to fluster Aidan more in the process.
"Fate for?" she asked curiously in an attempt to embarrass him.
"You know..." Aidan said, hiding his embarrassment, "Being together..."
Diana chuckled, holding back her laughter. Although Aidan was still tinted red. For a moment, it felt like the surrounding environment of troops and officers were gone and only were two of them in the hall.

Diana turned serious, "But you know, that doesn't justify your actions." She was mad in a way but she was hiding it well from Aidan, but it was mainly because there are tons of people around. Aidan sighed, admitting his defeat but he refused to say anything, Diana too decided not to say anything.

After everyone has eaten, it was lights out. Diana and Aidan slept across from each other.
"Aidan?" Diana called, her voice slightly echoing in their room.
"Yeah?" Aidan replied as he turned around to face Diana.
"Remember when the officers stopped us at a roadblock?"
Aidan pinched the skin in between his eyes as he tries to remember the moment.

"Oh yeah, I remember now," Aidan said as if a lightbulb lit up, "Wow, that was one year ago," he said, "That officer mistook you as an international criminal or something if I remember correctly."
"Yeah well, the officer wasn't wrong," Diana dropped the bombshell.
"What?" Aidan said, seemingly a little confused.
"Yeah, I am a wanted criminal..." Diana admitted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2 years ago......

Atlanta was always a nice place to live in, or so Diana thought. It has been 3 years since she started working at the CDC in Atlanta after moving away from New York. She was busy typing in a report of the work she did today, they were analysing germs and bacteria in animals as the CDC often does to check for any virus mutation and such. Despite that, Diana looked seemingly tired and bored of work, having to do similar tasks over and over. As she typed on her computer, she thought of maybe going for a holiday in Canada, just to escape from the hectic work life.