4

Capitol Hill, Washington D.C., United States Of America, 6 months before...

A man, probably in his 50s adjusted his red tie  and stood up on a presidential pedestal in front of a camera in the white house, it was the president, Lincoln Rockwell was presenting a short speech,  he spoke, "We, the American Government would like to clarify that the development of a new weapon isn't a danger to neither the US nor the whole world, rest assured our brothers and sisters and the United Nations..."

------------------------------------------

They snuck down the stairs to the source of the sound. They peeked through the small crevices of the stair frames to see the intruder and found it was a nerdy-looking Chinese man in his 20s walking into the house. Holding up their guns, Aidan and Diana went downstairs and Aidan said, "Hold your horses, what do you think you're doing here."
Their sudden appearance scared the man. In response, he lifted his pistol. In Chinese, Aidan ordered the man to drop the gun. He complied and Aidan kicked the gun aside. Speaking fluent English, the man said, "I am a survivor, I was from Perlis!" whilst raising both his arm.

Aidan remained holding his gun up at him.
Diana said, "Aidan, calm down, he doesn't seem to be a threat!"
and she approached the man to apologise and welcomed him. Diana checked that he was alright and introduced herself.
"Ahh, my name is Chris, nice to meet you both, sorry for scaring you two earlier..."
"It's alright!" Diana assured. Aidan on the other hand, maintained a cold look.
"Aidan," Aidan said as he coldly shook Chris' hand.
"Don't worry, he'll warm up to you," Diana told Chris,"Come, let's all head upstairs."
Noticing the communist armband on his hand, Chris asked, "Wait, are you communist?"
Before Aidan could say something, Diana cut in and said, "No, no he isn't, he wore that for fun."

"Diana, come aside please," Aidan said.
"Yes?" she said with a smile.
"Why did you simply allow someone to join just like that!" Aidan whispered.
"Aww, you jealous?" Diana teased.
"I am serious, Diana."
"Don't worry about it, I am sure he is a good man," Diana assured him.

They sat in the room, Diana talked about their plan while Aidan glared at Chris. Even though Chris showed discomfort at the glare but he shrugged it off.
"What are our plans?" asked Chris
AIdan refused to say a word.
Diana said, "Well, we are planning on going to the refugee centres in Kuala Lumpur."
"Neat plan, when are we making our move?" Chris asked.
Aidan chimed in and said, "Tomorrow we leave for the heart of Perak."
"But, you said next week," Diana said.
"I changed my mind, we go tomorrow, understand?" Aidan sternly said. Diana nodded.

That night, Aidan stood by the balcony, looking over the messed-up streets filled with zombies of the town once known as Taiping. Footsteps clicked on the wooden floorboard, making the ambience of it more creepy. Turning around, he held up his pistol and said, "Who is it?"

Diana appeared from the shadows with her hands up, "It's just me," she said. Aidan lowered his gun and let out a relieved sigh.
She joined Aidan by the balcony and asked, "What is it? You seem tensed?" she said.
"It's... It's nothing," Aidan replied.
"Then, what was with that attitude from earlier?" she asked.

Aidan remained silent at the question.
She then asked, "Are you feeling jelly?" Diana smirked.
Hiding the blush on his face, Aidan denied being jealous, but deep down, that may have been the reason to his earlier actions.

Diana changed the subject and asked, "Do you believe it other universes?"
"As in?" Aidan asked.
"As in another world where this whole apocalypse didn't happen,"
"No, I don't, that's stupid!" Aidan said.
Diana shrugged and said, "Come, let's go and sleep, tomorrow will be a tiring day."
She then said, "I shall stay on guard instead."
"You should get used to the jet lag..." Aidan said.
"You can't tell me what to do," Diana said with a giggle.