Diana yawned as she woke up on the bed in her room in Aidan's apartment. By then, it was evening. The smell of fried chicken got her sitting up instantly. She opened the door to exit her room.
"Good morning?" she greeted Aidan who was in the kitchen preparing food.
"Evening, seems like jet lag hit you." Aidan joked
"How did I get up here?" she asked as she stood next to him to see him cook some vegetables.
"You were rather heavy." he teased
"Meanie!" Diana said whilst pouting and giving Aidan a playful punch.

Aidan put the fried vegetables and chicken onto a plate and said, "Let's eat." and carried it to the dining table. On the table, there some fried bacon and eggs. At the same time, Diana poured a glass of wine for each of them. They slowly ate the food while chatting with each other.
"What happened while I was asleep?" Diana asked.
"Well, Penang Bridge had heavy military activity and as far as I know, United Nations have deployed their peacekeeping troops around Malaysia. A few of them drove by earlier too." Aidan added, "The government will be announcing something soon at 6:30 pm." Diana nodded and continued eating.

"Even though you slept earlier, I will force you to sleep no matter what tonight, you gotta adapt to the time, ya know?" Aidan said with a smile. Diana responded with a cute pout. Aidan picked up the television remote and switched on the TV to hear the announcement that will begin shortly. 

The screen read, "A National Announcement Will Commence Shortly, Please Be Patient, Thank You."

 While waiting, Aidan and Diana went to clean the dishes in the kitchen sink. As they washed, Aidan asked, "Do you have a boyfriend?"
Diana laughed and asked, "Why so sudden?"
Aidan's face turned pink and said, "Oh, you know, just curious." with a peal of awkward laughter.

Suddenly, the TV had sounds of cameras clicking and showed the prime minister, smoky-grey beard and hair, in his 60's he is young at heart. He tapped on the microphone twice and began his announcement.

"...due to this, we, as the government of our beloved Malaysia, have decided to put Malaysia under strict lockdown, no one can leave or enter the country or to any other states. This will take effect this midnight. Anyone who is seen outside their residence will be shot without warning by Malaysian Armed Forces. Military rations will be provided daily to families with the assistance of United Nations Peacekeeping troops. This is for the safety of our people, thank you." he walked off without saying another word. His demeanour was rather odd and the speech was abridged.

Aidan then shut off the TV and sighed in tiredness.
"It has been a long day, huh?" Diana said.
"Unlike you who slept through it." Aidan said with a rolling eye
"Hey, I'm getting used to it okay?" Diana puffed her cheeks in cute anger to which Aidan chuckled.
As the clock ticks by, Aidan stepped out onto his apartment's balcony to catch the shining stars in the sky. Unfortunately, the light pollution blocks what could have been a fantastic view. Diana came out and pat Aidan's back, noticing his slight disappointment.
Aidan turned to her and said, "At least I have a star right here." with a wink. Diana blushed and looked away in embarrassment at Aidan's words.
"You dummy..." she whispered under her breath.

They looked down from the 8th floor they were on to see the guardhouse had a few police cars and ambulances followed by United Nations armoured trucks and a few commercial trucks entering through the open boom gate. Then after the vehicles entered, the gate closed and curled barbed wires was set as a blockade.

"I shall go check out what is going on down there," Aidan told Diana. Aidan then exited his house and headed downstairs using an elevator. Upon reaching the ground floor, he was met with a few police officers holding rifles, talking to each other.
He approached one of them and asked, "Maafkan saya encik, apa hal berlaku?" pointing with his thumb at the emergency vehicles parked. The officer then explained about the terror activities carried out nationwide. Aidan then asked about the rumours online about a strange virus and the possibility of a zombie apocalypse. The officers stiffened up at the question but advised Aidan to not believe in rumours from the internet.