Chapter 25: Together At Last

Rani and Kion snuggled with their cubs. Just the Night earlier, Sahasi and Ananda said they were retiring as King and Queen, and making Kion and Rani the new rulers the next day.

Kion woke up with a yawn. Rani was cuddled close to him, with Raja and Sawa in her arms.

Kion was more than happy to have Rani back. He had missed cuddling with her, and hunting, but most of all, he had missed Rani. He was was glad that she was alive and healthy, because lions rarely ever survive Canine Distemper.

Kion licked Rani's cheek to wake her up, "C'mon Rani, we need to get ready for our coronation." Rani yawned, "Ok, I'm up." She nuzzled Raja and Sawa.

Rani and Kion nuzzled for a second. "Alright, let's go," Kion stood up and stretched.

"Kion," Rani asked. Kion looked at her, "What's up?" "I wanted to know," Rani started. "Know what?" Kion raised an eyebrow.

"Did you cry while I was gone. Because you never cry for anything," Rani asked. Kion instantly felt embarrassed. He didn't like to admit when he had cried, because he doesn't normally cry.

"Even though I don't want to admit it, I did cry. Being away from you tore out my heart, and knowing you had a high chance of no survival, just made everything worse. I missed hunting with you, cuddling with you, but most of all, I missed you. I couldn't bear to think that I would lose you," Kion started to cry again.

Rani smiled slightly, "Hey it's ok, remember, I'm here now," Rani set Raja and Sawa down. She went up and hugged Kion.

Kion continued to cry. "Kion, look at me," Rani said. Kion looked up at her. Rani's gaze softend. "I won't ever leave you again, I promise. I will always be here," Rani said. Kion smiled. He pulled her into a hug.

For a moment, Rani and Kion forgot they had cubs, untill Sawa started to cry. "Oh, opps," Rani chuckled. She layed down for her and Raja to nurse.

A few hours later, Kion and Rani were standing on the crowning rock. The royal mjuzi placed a 'V' on Kion's head, and a rainbow shape on Rani's.

"King Kion and Queen Rani!" She shouted. All the animals cheered. Rani and Kion nuzzled. "I love you Kion," Rani smiled. "Not more than I love you," Kion kissed her.

The End!

I hope you all liked the book! The next book I make, should it be one where Kion is evil, or just a story I pick from my drafts I made? Let me know!